All reviewspleasure of stayingandyhomemadeincorporatedrecipemichigan
Reviewed 9 August 2017

My wife and I enjoyed a few days in Michigan (from Indiana) and visited Saint Joseph for the first time. We came across The Duncan House (via TripAdvisor) and stayed one night. Boy, what an evening. Andy may be the best B&B host we've ever experienced. Whatever he does in the kitchen is to die for! He and Nita have also incorporated so many nice touches into their small B&B and have spared no expense to make the experience a stay to remember. Without a doubt, we highly recommend you visit.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brad C
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Book the second floor Beach Suite. It's a mini-apartment. I'd totally agree with everything everyone has written about Andy, the food, etc. He and Nita have done a superb job in anticipating everything a guest might need or want. The best B&B we've ever stayed in.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2017

My wonderful daughter and her boyfriend surprised my husband and I for my birthday with the best bed and breakfast we have ever experienced........ The Duncan House in St. Joseph, Michigan with Andy treating us like royalty from beginning to end!!! Wow! We were impressed!!!! Gourmet breakfast each morning (stayed two nights) with remarkable cuisine that was homemade by Andy. And, Andy the chef can cook like no other!! The fresh squeezed OJ was to die for!!! We LOVED each and everything he made for us. Andy even made the BEST Birthday cake for me I've ever had! It was very special!!! Thank you so much Andy! Also had the best chocolate chip cookies and fresh squeezed lemonade each day and night waiting for us! And, the wine selection was GREAT! Rooms were GREAT as well and so comfy and smelled so good! Bathrooms were very nice and up to date with great amenities and plenty of fresh fluffy towels. Andy left no stone unturned. We are very hard critics too.....so when we have a good experience we shout loud and clear! The Duncan House and Andy are TOP NOTCH. We are all life long friends now and most definitely be back for the time of our lives and more stories and cooking lessons (can't wait to make the bread recipe and cookies!) Thank you SO MUCH!

Room Tip: Both rooms at the Duncan House were EXCELLENT! Town and beach within walking distance. Wine tasting is a must. Hire a driver.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Bee266
Andrew S, Owner at The Duncan House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Thank you, thank you, thank you! It was great getting to know you and your family, and I am looking forward to your next visit. Andy

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying two nights at The Duncan House. We had both rooms so the entire house was ours and Andy made every bit of the weekend pure perfection. We were greeted each afternoon with fresh cookies, wine and fresh Lemonade. I would suggest this B&B to ALL of my friends and we will certainly return!

Andy (the owner, fabulous cook and master story teller) is a real gem! He is full of helpful information and makes you feel right at home. His restoration of this historical home is spot on! He has maintained the historical integrity while appointing the home with every modern convenience you want (Apple TV, keyless/code entry, high end showers...). The home is impeccably clean and all bedding/linens are fresh and crisp (which can be a problem at other b&b's- but certainly not here).

The breakfasts are full blown gourmet culinary events. Come hungry- honestly BETTER than our favorite brunch spots in Chicago!! Andy locally sources many of his ingredients and incorporates old family recipes....you can genuinely taste the love in his food. Andy even made a special cake for my mother on her birthday. Yummy!!! He has sense shared several recipes with my mother and even Gabe her a quick baking lesson.

I'm not easy to please, I am very particular- The Duncan House made me beyond happy!!! Thanks for a wonderful weekend!!!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Footprints621462

Thank you for choosing the Duncan House for your recent visit to St. Joseph. I really enjoyed your family and look forward to your next visit. Andy

Reviewed 6 October 2016

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Duncan House for a long weekend getaway. We were one of the first guests and hope to visit again in the future. We stayed in the upstairs suite and had access to our own bedroom, bathroom, and sitting room. All the food was amazing! Homemade pastries. Homemade jams. Local wines. My wife was dealing with some severe food restrictions, but Andy made sure she ate just as well as I did. He was extremely helpful and informative about area restaurants, beaches, activities, and shopping. The house is situated in a very peaceful neighborhood, and it was a short, pleasant walk to the Lake and downtown. The interaction with Andy was the perfect blend of pleasant conversation and time alone. We were allowed to enjoy breakfast either in the kitchen or privately in our sitting room. Beds were comfy. We had a wonderful time! Thanks for everything!

Room Tip: The upstairs suite offers additional room & privacy.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jaret W
Andrew S, Owner at The Duncan House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Thank you for the review! It was an honor to help you two find some much needed relaxation time. Looking forward to your next visit.