All reviewseggs and sausagechoice hotelsfront deskincluded fresh fruitroom was cleannight managerenglish muffinindoor poolwithin walking distancewould stay here againtop floorfashion square mallthe staff was greatgreat priceshoppingstrawberrytarget
Reviewed 27 June 2018

My wife and I, both retirees, have stayed in a few of a competitor's hotels that are in the same hotel complex as Comfort Suites and honestly had a better experience in Comfort Suites. Our overall "feel" of this hotel was outstanding.... all hotel employees were extremely friendly and accommodating, our 3rd floor room was very quiet, comfortable, and clean; the hot breakfasts (included) were satisfying; and we felt safe. Maintenance personnel immediately responded to our plugged toilet and the front desk personnel were engaging and personable, leaving us with the feeling that our comfort and satisfaction were extremely important to them. And the indoor pool was well maintained.

For outside activities, this hotel is convenient to the I-75 spur so that Frankenmuth, the Birch Run outlets, Midland, and other attractions are a less than 20 minute trip away. Also, in the immediate area is the Fashion Square Mall as well as numerous other familiar chain stores and restaurants. The USS Edson destroyer is also close by, docked in Bay City, and I'd bet that children would love the ship tour.

All of this was provided at a rate that was significantly lower than the competitor's numerous flavors of hotels next door.

For all future visits to Saginaw, this Comfort Suites hotel will certainly be our choice!

Room Tip: Top Floor (3rd) was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank taysml
Reviewed 8 June 2018

Bed was harder than I like, but overall I had a good night sleep. I was on 3rd floor, so I can say my room was very quiet. Bigger pillows would be nice. Room was clean as well as rest of the hotel. Breakfast was typical Choice style.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank mamiemomma
Trent L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Thank you for taking the to post a review of our hotel. We always appreciate feedback and we will do what we are able to make the bedding as comfortable as possible for your next visit!

Reviewed 10 January 2018

This hotel was very clean, and served all our needs. The staff was very polite, and breakfast was fresh every morning. The one downside, and it is a massive one for some people, was being on the 2nd floor, we heard everything that happened in rooms below, and in rooms above us. There was a bad echo, and was not much we could do about it. I would recommend getting a room on 1st or 3rd floor if you stay there.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Trent L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we truly appreciate all feedback from our guests. We are pleased that you found our staff to be polite amd you enjoyed breakfast. We do apologize for the noise, we hope that it did not ruin your sleep or enjoyment of your stay. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to our area.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

My family spent four nights in this hotel during Christmas. Friendly welcoming front desk staff gave us a very good impression right at the beginning. We appreciate this very much and don't take it for granted. Based on our experience, not all hotel staff know what they are supposed to do!
We got a very quiet room on top floor as requested. We noticed there was only one elevator. But it seemed that it served the entire hotel well. During our stay, we never experience any significant long wait. The room was very nice, beds were very comfortable.
The only concern we had was house keeping. We only needed house keeping once during our stay. With great disappointment, the soaps we opened were removed, but we didn't get any new one back. Same for the plastic cups. Also, the box of tissue was down to last piece, and we didn't get a new box. Toilet bowl wasn't cleaned either. Good that the very visible parts such as tidying up beds and removing the old towels from the floor were done as expected. We had never had such a discounted house keeping service before. Hopefully this was only an isolated incident.
Breakfast was okay. To our surprise, there were two types different waffle mix, original and something(cinnamon or strawberry). But you may expect to see scramble egg everyday. During our stay, we had different combinations of scramble egg and something - bacon, sausage, etc. No omelet, no sunny side up, only scramble! Sitting area was not adequate, not crowed.
Location was excellent. Very close to highway, going to Birch Run outlet or Frankenmuth was only around 15 min drive. Fashion square mall was nearby. Anything you forgot to bring, WalMart super center was only a minute drive, maybe two. Target is right across the street. Also a bunch of restaurants available.
Overall, we are happy with this hotel. If we visit this area again, it would definitely be on the top of our list.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Edward L
Trent L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review of our hotel. We are very pleased that you found the staff and accomodations to your liking. I do apologize for the less than excellent housekeeping, this is not our standard and I believ we have corrected the situation. We look forward to being your host again when your travels bring to our area.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

The staff was nice and the room was very nice. I had a suite and was very happy with the size and cleanliness of the room. My only complaint was the doors were very loud. I couldn't hear other rooms but could hear the doors opening and closing.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family