“Total torture ”

Astoria Pastry Shop
Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Royal Oak
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I am on weight watchers. My wife made us go here after dinner. I had had their pastries before and they are great. Everyone enjoyed their desserts but me, I had none.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

The bakery is very nice with lots of choices. You can see employees working in the back area - but wasn't sure how all this good stuff comes out of the small area. Selected 3 items, Tiramisu, Lemon Bar and Canoli. Canoli was average, lemon bar had a great crust - but needed more lemon flavor - the best was the Tiramisu - individual - very good.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Good stuff but expect to pay a pretty penny for it. All tasted good, but really a $2.50 chocolate cookie?

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Astoria pastry is a place of tradition, a greek family owned pastry which elaborates beautiful and delicious desserts.

Regularly I love to buy cupcakes or slices of cake for a cheat meal during the weekend, I enjoy a lot the freshness of all the products. Some people say that it is more the name that actually the flavor, but for my point of view it is all about what you order.
They have great cupcakes, the chocolate cake is my favorite and they also have a huge variety of different chocolates.

I love that they have an open kitchen so you can see through the glass while they are cooking everything.

The place is very nice and it would be the perfect spot to take a girl for a first date or to finish a sunday dinner with a great dessert.

Enjoy

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

As always, Astoria had a great selection of desserts for us to choose from after a great dinner in Royal Oak. The only dessert missing from the case tonight was their giant french macaron.