“Birthday dinner”
Review of Bistro 82

Bistro 82
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro 82 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 217 Restaurants in Royal Oak
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

We went to the restaurant for my birthday it was the most amazing meal. I have had stateside hands-down.

The staff was amazing from the minute we walked in the door until we set down to eat. Our waiter was awesome great suggestions for wine and cocktails. As a cocktail I had a Mocow mule it was absolutely awesome refreshing not overpowering a perfect cocktail to start the evening. Appetizer I had the octopus with purée slaw salad which was sublime My husband had french onion dumpling which was served on escargot plate that was amazing I can eat that all day. I had the grouper fish as an entrée. Please note these are not hog portions That you can get at olive garden they are plated perfect For those who enjoy food and not the overstaffing portions that you get in your basic restaurants it’s just enough to make you appreciate the meal. The beignets were good but to be fair we just came back from new orleans So to judge them would be unfair. But the Caramel sauce that was served with it was perfect.

What a great night and a great meal

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Our group decided to try the appetizers, just not the Octopus plate,
the provided menu pic on Ipod looks like a sad crime scene with only one arm.
The portion size is very French, sadly not the price:
the bread you get everywhere else as free amuse gueule here is $4.
We tried the soup de jour, with a nice presentation as pour over mirepoix, but in a cold bowl it ends up at room temperature at most, which did nothing to improve the taste, like the ratatouille, which came in thin slices in bland tomato sauce. The cauliflower arrived in a sweet & spicy orange sauce similar to the one at Panda Express, and is kinda ok, the salad is pretty good, but the Mushroom pave was more potato than mushroom, and arrived almost raw. Our very courteous server offered an exchange immediately - the next one came with charred corners, but still not done, nobody liked that.
I was the one hungry person who still ate it, and I suffer for it today with a bad stomach ache, while the rest of our party is fine.
After that experience we were not even ordering entrees, although still hungry.. but we sure had fun watching the valet guy arguing with the city employee, who had ticketed the parked cars up front!
The tickets stayed, we would love to hear how they explained that to their customers :)
We're not coming again!

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We celebrated a wedding anniversary at Bistro 82. The service was superb. Our waiter was friendly and most helpful.
We shared an appetizer, bought a $75 bottle of wine, each had an entree and then dessert and coffee.
Loved the appetizer, have had tastier wine MUCH cheaper, the entrees were good but not great and we loved the desserts and French press coffee.
We went because we had a generous gift certificate. I doubt that we would return on our own dime.
Bistro 82 seems to do a great business so perhaps our taste buds just weren't up to the challenge.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Lovely visit to Bistro 82, big improvements made since out last visit 2 years ago. They have a new chef and what a difference. We used to have to go to Chicago to get food like this.
We had the mushroom pave, sea bream tartare, blue cod and wife had sea scallops. Twined with bramare malbec, best meal we have had this year. Alex waited on us, faultlessly.
Cannot wait to return.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and service. Perfect birthday with my love. Delicious and memorable—always a great place. Don’t skip the beignets.

Been to Bistro 82? Share your experiences!