“Terrific Teppanyaki!”

Kyoto Japanese Steak House
Ranked #28 of 218 Restaurants in Royal Oak
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I recently enjoyed another fine dinner here. It was about my third visit and I was very pleased overall. The service was a little rushed; I didn't have a chance to finish my tasty chocolate martini before the soup and salad was served (they should have been served separately). The soup could have been a little hotter, but it was flavorful so I was pleased. The shrimp and steak was excellent!

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was so much fun!! We went there for my daughters 26th birthday party. There were 10 of us and it was energy and fun from the beginning to the end. Our chef was soooo much fun! The food was good hibachi food and the drinks were quick. Great fun!!

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

We had 13 people for a business dinner. The food was excellent and the chef was funny and talented. I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

My daughter took my wife and I here for a Mother's day dinner. We have been here before but it has been a while. We were pleased that it was still a good as the last time we were here. We had a Hibachi dinner and we had the Steak and shrimp. It was very good and cooked just the way we asked for it. Of course the chef was very entertaining as always. What was nice about this place this time was that we did not have a reservation and we still got in on a very busy night without waiting. Service was very prompt and they waitress was very pleasant. All and all a very good dinner.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

We've eaten sushi all over the US and Canada and this relatively humble restaurant in Royal Oak, MI is better (and more affordable) than any in recent memory! A+ We'll be back.