“Still the best”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I am a burger person and they are still the best. Yes the site is dated and lighting is poor and parking lot can be an adventure but after a burger and fries all is forgiven. After the meal just start planning when will I be here next.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is our go to place for burgers and clam chowder. I always eat too much but the food is always great as is the service. Definitely worth the visit.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

There is a very good reason Red Coat wins Best Burger awards, it is THAT GOOD!

I have a Friend from UK who will also stop each visit to Detroit.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Sure, you've asked for a menu. Maybe you even considered getting something else other then the Red Coat burger. Just about everyone heads to Red Coat for the Red Coat burger. Next time, try the salmon burger. If you love a great fish sandwich that is, this is heavenly.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

In the Detroit area, this restaurant consistently ranks during surveys in the top 10 for hamburgers. However, my wife doesn't think the hamburgers are all that great. For me, I love the Chicken Caesar, best I have ever eaten. I will rate it A+ for the salad and C+ for the hamburger. Extremely noisy during the lunch hour, so I imagine it would be even worse during the evening. Noise really bothers me, but after all, it is a bar. So, I guess you deal with it. Service was prompt.

Kind of out of the way for me, so I doubt I will return...but considering its high marks in the ranking surveys, others may enjoy Red Coat.

Old Tom