“Red Coat Never Disappoints”
Review of Red Coat Tavern

Red Coat Tavern
Ranked #3 of 227 Restaurants in Royal Oak
Price range: US$1 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is our go to place for burgers and clam chowder. I always eat too much but the food is always great as is the service. Definitely worth the visit.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

There is a very good reason Red Coat wins Best Burger awards, it is THAT GOOD!

I have a Friend from UK who will also stop each visit to Detroit.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Sure, you've asked for a menu. Maybe you even considered getting something else other then the Red Coat burger. Just about everyone heads to Red Coat for the Red Coat burger. Next time, try the salmon burger. If you love a great fish sandwich that is, this is heavenly.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

In the Detroit area, this restaurant consistently ranks during surveys in the top 10 for hamburgers. However, my wife doesn't think the hamburgers are all that great. For me, I love the Chicken Caesar, best I have ever eaten. I will rate it A+ for the salad and C+ for the hamburger. Extremely noisy during the lunch hour, so I imagine it would be even worse during the evening. Noise really bothers me, but after all, it is a bar. So, I guess you deal with it. Service was prompt.

Kind of out of the way for me, so I doubt I will return...but considering its high marks in the ranking surveys, others may enjoy Red Coat.

Old Tom

Reviewed 22 August 2018

We ordered the Shepard’s Pie ($14) and the signature burger ($9.50) and found both to be very tasty. The service was excellent (thank you, Rob), even though the place was completely full and the entire waitstaff was really challenged. The beer menu is quite good, and I’m glad I chose the Founder’s Solid Gold ($5.50). The runaway hit of the meal was the bread pudding ($6), which was not only delicious, but also big enough for three people to share. The Red Coat is noisy and very dimly lit; we had to use a cell phone flashlight to read the menu. The lighting casts a red glow that some may find annoying.

1  Thank Citallwic