“Good food served in tight quarters”

Kruse & Muer On Woodward
Ranked #33 of 228 Restaurants in Royal Oak
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Although real estate inside this venue is tight, the food is quite good. The greeters are gracious and friendly. Our server was efficient, knowledgeable and attentive. The “Salt and Pepper Shrimp” is outstanding, and the warm bread loaf is an added plus. We will make a return visit.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

The Woodward Avenue,Royal Oak location of Kruse and Muer clean and the sound noise is calm enough to have a discussion with friends or family. The Martha's salad and $2 side of coleslaw with or without crumbled blue cheese and "free" loaf of homemade bread are highlights. The main courses, appetizers and pizzas are an uneven lot. Skip the oyster sliders a nice concoctions except very small fried oysters are hard to taste in the offering. The pizzas are usually pretty good but not special or memorable. Mediocre at best, was the lobster,shrimp and scallops with rice combo at $21, was not worth it at the modest price. For seniors, a nice alternative venue to the superior Peppinos on Orchard Lake Road..but they are still not up to the quality of the closed Kruse and Muers of Troy, to which they are the supposed successor.

Reviewed 18 July 2018

We went there for dinner on Saturday night. Place was busy but there was no wait.

We ordered drinks and Mussels for an appetizer. Mussels arrived almost instantly. Drinks arrived 5 minutes later. As we ate our Mussels the waitress kept checking to see if we wanted to order. After the 3rd visit - we ordered but were still eating Mussels. Salads arrived while appetizer still on table. Dinner arrived when salads half done. Then came the check.. No time to eat or relax....very rushed and waitress was obnoxious.

Food was OK. Salad was drowning in dressing. My crab cakes had a great deal of filler and the bottoms were overcooked. My wife ordered the whitefish special with strawberry reduction.....too much sauce and it was overly sweet.

We won't be going back

Reviewed 1 July 2018

My daughter and her boyfriend took me out to dinner for celebrating quitting the department and going full time as a Real Estate Agent. It was a difficult decision and they really knew it was hard on me.
So, to celebrate my decision and career change we went to Kuse and Muer on Woodward,
Lots of Parking both sides of building and side street. Nice decor, some families were there and business types. Casual attire.

I had a lovely gin lemonade, oysters on the half shell and a maurice salad. My daughter had pasta primavera with fresh veggies. And her boyfriends had chicken tortellini All were very good and we followed with a dessert of chocolate mousse and ice cream sundae on a waffle.

I thoroughly enjoy everything that was served by Jonathan S

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

When I want comfort food I think of pizza (or Mac & cheese). When I am in Detroit and I need comfort food I think Kruse and Muer on Woodward. We pick up the family special - a lot- pizza, salad and bread. Just yummy! Recommend you try this one.