“Complete dive but good”
Review of O.w.l.

O.w.l.
Ranked #13 of 227 Restaurants in Royal Oak
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Happened to go here during Woodward Dream Cruise. So we got to eat our yummy greasy breakfasts while watching.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

This restaurant serves some very interesting, tasty breakfast food. The chorizo or habenero bacon and egg sandwiches are especially good, along with the cinnamon rolls. If you're really hungry go for the chicken fried chicken.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

I have been twice and much prefer breakfast over lunch. Again nothing to write excellent but edible and fresh.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to O.W.L. twice. Random side note, I like to think that maybe this stands for Old Woodward Luncheonette.

I can’t recommend it, yet will probably give it a third try.

The up side: ambiance and service

As a sometimes solo diner, I really like this space. With two counters, there really is no “awkward” seat for a solo eater.

The service. The team seems like a great bunch. Very friendly

The down side - the food.

I had the tacos del dia one day. The sopa de pollo another time. They were both surprisingly bland. The soup was actually sad bland. And the little noodle alphabet characters made that even sadder. The tacos had good quality meat, nicely roasted. But it was basically meat on a small round, a TINY amount of parsley, and a red sauce (that was so bland I couldn’t taste it).

All that said, I’ve seen so many good looking dishes I may go back and try one more time. But I couldn’t recommend it.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

I think it’s a fun quirky place. The tacos were outstanding and made right in front of you. It’s a diner so everything is a little smaller and tighter in terms of seating etc