All reviews qwik park quick park right next door stayed here upgraded to a suite park and fly parking lot light breakfast bagels large walk in shower an early flight pool and hot tub long term parking other hotels would stay here again detroit metro airport rooms are clean
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Based on previous experience with this hotel, I decided to take advantage of the stay, park, and fly package for an upcoming trip. For those parking for about a week with an early morning flight out of DTW, this package is pretty convenient and cost effective. The room cost essentially subsidizes the bulk of the cost of a $90-100 parking bill. The Fairfield is partnered with a parking lot located right next door, and both are about a 10 minute shuttle ride to the airport. Rooms are standard - clean, nothing fancy, although I was upgraded to a suite for this stay. Lots of room (even if for one night), and pretty quiet at night. A hot breakfast was included in the room price, and it was standard fare. Staff was friendly and efficient for check in. Would stay again for the park, stay, and fly package.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
heatherh4028, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport Romulus, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for staying with us. I am happy to hear your stay was convenient and cost effective. I hope your trip was great!

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Stop looking and book this hotel. We stayed one night before our trip. Bed and pillows were awesome. Check in and park and fly were perfect. Rooms, common areas and pool were absolutely cleaned to perfection. Great job cleaning staff. Felt very safe.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed here with my family the day before departing at the nearby airport.

Upon arriving, we were warmly welcomed by Seasha. She was the most pleasant and informative receptionist I had ever encountered. She listed nearby restaurants with knowledgeable insight and was well versed with information about the area.

If this review was solely based on customer service, this hotel would have gotten all 5 stars because of her.

We were given two first floor rooms, but had to request to be moved due to the mildew and musty smells. The room on the higher floor was better, but the ventilation in both bathrooms was poor. The walls sweat as I showered and I noticed the same black mold in the second room as I did in the first.

The location was great for ease in getting to the airport. We hopped on the shuttle that we had scheduled with Seasha the night before and we were at the airport within 15 minutes. The hotel offered a light breakfast with juices, teas, coffee, fruit and pastries to accommodate early travelers.

I'd stay here again if they fix the ventilation and get rid of the mold.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
AleO320, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport Romulus, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear TayKayTravelee,

We recognize your time is valuable and appreciate the feedback you have provided. Maintaining a fresh atmosphere within our guest rooms and common areas is always a key priority. On behalf of the entire team at Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport Romulus, I sincerely apologize for falling short of not only meeting your expectations, but ours as well. Rest assured, the feedback provided will be shared with the appropriate hotel team to ensure we consistently deliver upon guest expectations. As a valued customer, thank you for choosing us to accommodate you during your travels. We hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you back to Romulus!

Ale Ovalle
ale.ovalle@marriott.com

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

We are committed Marriott members! Upon arriving to lobby the carpet is heavily stained dirty not a good first impression. It would not be a hard fix! Very basic rooms, good breakfast and coffee is decent!

The gym consists of 2 treadmills, a stepper and a universal weight machine. No mats or free weights, hardly any space for it.

The outdoor patios, if you would call it a patio, connected to the pool and back of hotel not well kept. Pointless area really the tree line is so close.

Very close to airport, and has a free shuttle. Again we are committed Marriott members this one rates low to me.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
heather h, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport Romulus, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thank you for your loyalty. I understand your first impression was not the best. We are going to have all carpet both guest rooms and main area deep cleaned later this month. We are also working on upgrading our fitness center machines. I appreciate your honest feedback and we look forward to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

The airport parking is a great deal. It’s adjacent to the hotel and runs frequent shuttles. Getting into the hotel parking lot is confusing as you have to cross the parking lot entrance. Our first room smelled a bit smoky, but we were offered a different room without a problem. The pool is small. For an airport hotel, it’s relatively quiet. The breakfast area is adequate. The rooms are small and nothing special, but adequate for one night in preparation for a morning flight.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family