“Best food around”

Val's Polish Kitchen
Ranked #19 of 139 Restaurants in Rochester Hills
Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

Last week we decided to go try this new place that everybody talk about and give it a shot. My wife and I we very surprised how good their food is, we had pierogies and goulash which was astounding so we decide to order some food for the hollidays and we order dozens of pierogies dozen of stuffed cabbages and dozen of potato pancakes. We really enjoyed it and our friends and family were amazed cause of the reason that we used to go to Hamtramck a lot but this place is way better so I guess we found our new favorite place. Also I have to point out that even though the owners are really nice they are doing fabulous job with the food the service they provide so Thank you Val we will be back!!!

1  Thank Alex M

Reviewed 30 November 2015

Went there to try their Polish food. It is not just a Polish resturant thought. There were plenty of regular typical American menu items. I ordered a sampler which provided a good cross section of hot food. Service was very good. Layout is a typical family style establishment.

2  Thank DaveD1969
Reviewed 21 November 2015

Val`s Polish kitchen was recommended to me by my family relatives who used to go to the old location in Royal Oak. Very cozy warm med-size family dinning place. So far i have visited the restaurant many times and i have tried many different specials that they have through the week days and the weekend. Deliciousssssssss!!!!!:))) The restaurant is called Polish kitchen because they truly make the pierogies, staffed cabages, city chicken from scratch. I would say that this restaurant offers many different eatern european special also made from scratch. Try the Goulashhhhhh!!! OUTSTANDING! I can definitely say that one of the best polish specials in the area so far. The service was very pleasant including the lady owner Val who was assisting the service all over the restaurant. As i heard from different table tops while i was dinning at Val`s, the owners are not Polish but they have south-eastern europen roots.The pricess are funny for this rear homemade food. They dont serve alcohol and I was missing a nice glass of red wine with my staffed cabbage. ;))Great place, great pricess and wonderful experience. See youuuu soonnnn!!!

2  Thank Walter K
Reviewed 16 November 2015

My wife and I called in an order for take out. Two dinners (cant recall exactly which ones) and a side of city chicken. When I arrived to pick up the food, I was in total disbelief at what was going on around me as I was paying for and getting the food. There were several waitresses all trying to speak to the woman while she was repeating my order back to me and making change. It was complete madness! Note that she did repeat my order back to me correctly. On my way out the door, I did question what I exactly was paying for? In the midst of the commotion she had charged me almost $40....for two meals? Seemed a bit steep to me for carry out without drinks. When I got to my car, I went to check for a receipt on or in the bag. None included. Oh well~ If the food is as good as it smells, who cares. When I got home, I noticed that they didn't include my side of city chicken! I am not going to drive back up there and make a big deal about it. Things happen. When I pulled the first piece of city chicken (that came with the meal) off of the stick, I was repulsed!! It seems it was cooked WAY to long and took on the consistency of a large wood chip. The rest of the pieces were good and cooked properly. I cut into the stuffed cabbage and wondered what their secret to holding them together is? It didn't appear to have any meat inside, but had some sort of binder in it that made it hold it's shape when you cut into it. It seemed pretty bland to me aside from the pepper that is clearly in their recipe. I didn't care much for it, so I just ate around the hair (Yech! I know, can it get any worse?) and the rest went into the trash.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

I was really hoping for a good Polish restaurant in the area. We have one that has excellent food but not as close to us as this place and there is always a wait to be seated, so we were very hopeful!

I ordered Mash potatoes w/gravy and the Sat only special of Stuffed Peppers.
The mash potatoes were blah..fortunately my husband had sour cream on his plate so I added them to the potatoes and made them edible. The gravy was not the red sauce gravy that I'm used to that goes w/the Stuffed Peppers, it was a light brown in color.
The Stuffed Peppers were very fully stuffed, there was little gravy on top of them, but not a lot of sauce. Nothing had flavor to it, the little sauce was plain, I kept adding salt and pepper to the stuffing mix.

My husband had the perogies, which looked really good. His stuffed cabbage had no flavors in it either, he was adding the salt and pepper too.

Very disappointed and wont return.

On the plus side the staff was very nice and the restaurant itself was nice looking.