“Reviews were right, place is great”
Review of Downtown Cafe

Downtown Cafe
Ranked #2 of 100 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 21 August 2018

We stopped here because of the reviews and were glad we did. We had brunch but really one had breakfast the other lunch. One of the better places for both that we have been to. Service was perfect and the food was too.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 12 August 2018

Great food, prices are great, service is very good. Menu is small but what they do they do well. Seating is limited so if there is a line, I would still wait, its worth it. Parking is very tight which is the only downfall but there are public parking lots all around downtown and close enough to walk from.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank roughneck942003
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Smaller than the Rochester Brunch house but food is excellent. Seating indoor or outdoors. Pancake specials are great as well as Eggs Benedict . Freshly squeezed orange juice. Service is great!

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Quick in and out, friendly staff and excellent food. Had the quiche special with fruit and English muffin. Fabulous!

Reviewed 1 July 2018

I've often seen the long lines for breakfast to I postponed trying Downtown Cafe. Today the line looked shorter for a moment, and we didn't have to wait long. And the line built up again right after that. After eating there, the line won't deter me next time. I had the southwestern breakfast. The chorizo is fantastic. As is the jalapeno corn bread. My wife had the quiche, spinach today. She said the flavor was spot on, perhaps too much spinach. We recommend chopping the spinach so its not stringy from the stems.

The pancake creations looked really good on other people's plates and I could hear how much they liked theirs.

It is small. The staff is extremely friendly and efficient. My waitress described the spiciness of the southwestern breakfast and was spot on.