“The Most Relaxing Place for Lunch/Dinner in the Port Huron Area”
Review of Tio Gordos Cocina

Tio Gordos Cocina
Ranked #12 of 99 Restaurants in Port Huron
Reviewed 23 June 2018

“The most relaxing place for lunch/dinner in the Port Huron area.” My wife and I had a wonderful time at Tio Gorgos in Port Huron directly in the vicinity of the St. Clair College area. Our server Chris was excellent and made sure my wife and I were able to leave the restaurant in time to catch the Port Huron tour bus as the bus station is also conveniently nearby. (A lot of people may not know this, but you can pay 10 cents each to ride the guided tour bus for an excellent guided tour of the Port Huron area. We of course left a tip for our tour guide). Back to Tio Gorgos: The owners happened to be outside in courtyard and were very welcoming and friendly to talk to. The outside will remind you of Central America or the Caribbean if you've ever been to a Country there which was a very nice touch. Tio Gorgos is definitely a unique and pleasurable atmosphere for the warm sunny day my wife and I enjoyed. We recommend eating outside if it’s a nice day. We were greeted with a plate of nacho chips and salsa while waiting for our meal. The meal and service were superb. We will be sure to stop into Tio Gorgos the next time we are in the Port Huron area!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Awesome customer service, delicious margaritas,
Ate here twice while visiting family in PH,
food is authentic and very tasty, Enjoyed open mic entertainment on the Thursday we were there. Tacos are super.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

I had the plata del mar and was full, and it was delicous. The tamales came as an appetizer and we would have order more but the were out. My spouse had the chile rellenos, and yes I sampled. They were awesome. The marguaritas were very good and fried ice cream was the best.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

We stopped in for dinner one night after hearing about this place on the radio. The food, drinks and service were excellent. The corn on the cob was delicious and the salsa had a nice kick. The décor is similar to Fuel with a very rustic feel with open brick and hard wood floors. We will be back to try more menu items for sure

Reviewed 8 June 2018

The plata de mer is wonderful. Marguaritas are outstanding and the service is topnotch. It does get busy, even on a Thursday night and prepare to wait for your food, but it is worth it. We ordered tamales, and only your Mexican grandmother could do better.