“Great donuts”

Chef Shell's Restaurant & Catering
Ranked #21 of 100 Restaurants in Port Huron
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Barbecue, Soups
Description: We are known locally for the Best Darn Donuts in St. Clair County and awesome Roadkill Roys BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich. We offer delicious breakfast, lunch and early dinner options served in a quaint setting. Our soups are all made from scratch and we offer atleast 5 daily. Catering is another speciality, either off site or after hours private parties.
Reviewed 21 July 2018

This is where I stop for morning donuts when I make my occasional trips to the region. Much better than the chain places.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

This place is great! Super cozy, all homemade delicious fresh salads and sandwiches! And fresh donuts daily! Chef shell comes out to chat all the time! Reasonable prices! We love it there!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Slow but okay service. Outdated decor with sponge painted walls. Diner-type small restaurant. Long wait time for number of people in store. Had a turkey burger that was good but not outstanding. Had a brownie which was disappointing. Husband had a sandwich and said it was "okay." Based on this experience, I will not be back.

Chefshells, Manager at Chef Shell's Restaurant & Catering, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Sorry to hear our décor and menu options were not your favorites. We want each guests experience to be the very best. We wish we would have know your disappointment during your visit, then we would have taken the opportunity to correct it if possible.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

After a stroll along the river we came in for lunch. The Hash Bash was great although a bit greasier than my liking.

Thanks for your review. I've asked our Chefs to reduce the cooking butter for their breakfast preparations.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Went to Chef Shell's today to take my dad out for a Father's Day Lunch/Dinner. He wanted to try a restaurant that we hadn't been in before. He saw the sign on the corner for Chef Shell's and we decided to try it.

We were disappointed. My dad and I both ordered the French Dip. The cost was 8.25 for a sandwich and a pickle. I expected the sandwich to be at least a bigger size for the price. The roast beef on the sandwich was sliced way too thick for a sandwich like that, other French dips I have had usually has shaved roast beef on them. Flavor was ok. We ordered a side of fries with them that cost an extra 1.50. My dad thought the fries were the best pat of the meal, as they do look like homemade fries. They said they were seasoned and I could see some sort of seasoning on them but could not taste it.

My son ordered chicken strips with fries. the chicken strips looked like the ones I could buy frozen and make.

My boyfriend ordered the hodge podge platter. He said that the best part of it was the fish. It was cooked perfectly. The rest of the items in the patter were typical fried foods: mushrooms, chicken tenders, and mozzarella sticks. Again things I could buy in the freezer section. there was nothing spectacular about them.

The food was ok, but likely we will not go back. Cost of the meal was 40.00 which for sandwiches seems a bit pricey

1  Thank Christine H

Our policy is to keep the customer happy. If we could have heard your concerns during your visit we would have tried to resolve them at that time. Our soups and many of our catering entrees are made from scratch daily. There are a few quality items we do purchase prepared. Hope you will visit us again sometime soon.