“Lunch by the water”

Freighters Eatery & Taproom
Reserve with OpenTable
Freighters Eatery & Taproom is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 100 Restaurants in Port Huron
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Freighters is a culinary destination situated on the St. Clair River, overlooking the serene Blue Water Bridge, giving each guest a truly unique dining experience. Freighters' Dine-In and Banquet Menus feature locally sourced menu options, which are specially created by our Corporate Executive Chef. Freighters is owned and operated by Meritage Hospitality Group, headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan. All Meritage restaurants invest in the growth and sustainability of this great state. Our Chef and Culinary Team work with local farmers, vendors and suppliers to provide the freshest, most flavorful menu options to our guests, while also supporting our local economy.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The view while having lunch of the Blue water bridge to Canada was pretty inside the restaurant. The food was good, a bit pricey and the server was slacking. I can understand if they had of been busy but they were not. We had to continually wait for our server. We over looked it because we were enjoying time with friends and the view made up for it.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

We came here to visit family and close family friends in November. The view of the Bluewater Bridge was glorious and if you get to see a freighter, even better. We had a party of 10 including an infant. At 1:30 on a Tuesday only locals were at the bar and one other patron in the entire place. The table ordered a variety of menu items including Caeser salad with blackened chicken, perch, regular mac and cheese, fries, and fish tacos. The fish tacos is a recommended dish. In all seriousness being from Florida’s west coast they were nothing special to us. However the loaded mac and cheese was amazing. It had bacon, asparagus, chicken, and tomatoes and we could not stop eating it, despite being full. Take my advice and order that. You won’t be sorry.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Great staff! Waitress was friendly and courteous and very attentive. The atmosphere is nice with great views of the river. The food was average, nothing to rant and rave about. Decent prices. I would try it again.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 4 November 2018

This place is a bit pricey for what you get but it is located in the hotel so you don’t have to drive and the lights at night are pretty.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 2 November 2018

The reason I say this is the best restaurant ever is because I accidentally left my purse behind when I left. Several hours later, I called and they were holding it for me--Everything was there! OMG, what a relief! I sincerely appreciate that! Great service, great people! Thank you!

In addition, food was delicious--I had fish and chips, tartar sauce was great! Cheesecake was also very good!

Date of visit: October 2018