“Big sloppy hand-made burgers”

Colonial Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 100 Restaurants in Port Huron
Reviewed 2 July 2018

One of the restaurants listed in the hotel rooms local places to eat and thing to do brochure/3-ring binder. You can pass right by it even when looking for it (we did)! it's tucked into a strip mall next to a pizzeria, so you can miss the signage. IT's obviously well liked and frequented by the locals, which I take as a good sign. Many that are obviously regulars were there when we visited.

I got the Colonial burger, as I say in my title, a big sloppy burger with a 1/3 pound hand formed patty, fries and a coke. My wife got a hotdog, fries and a coke. The owner was the waitress and cashier that night. very friendly and appreciated our business. Always good to try local establishments. You have to throw off your "chains" and try something different. This was worth it.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Many occasions to be there...and haven't been disappointed, yet. Tasty variety of meals and nice P & P (Portions and Prices) Nothing fancy........but pleasantly " themed" décor :)

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 26 December 2017

Home cooked food at reasonable pricing! Burger was excellent and the homemade Chicken Noodle Soup was great!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Food is always delicious never have to wait long waitresses are always so friendly. Won't ever have for a refill especially on coffee waitresses are always coming around. Prices are good. And food is always hot. Chicken noodle soup is delicious.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 11 July 2017

While visiting the riverwalk I asked some of the locals where was a good "local" place to eat. The answer was the Colonial Restaurant. It was like an old time diner. The decor was darling and the food was just ...well, good. It was nothing fancy but tasty and inexpensive. I had my dogs and was preparing to take the meal to go back to my travel trailer and they said we were welcome to eat outside at the picnic tables. We did and it was delightful. The young lady at the counter was VERY attentive and brought the food out to us. We ordered their desserts and they were to die for. I was dying to eat breakfast but couldn't figure out how to pull the travel trailer into the parking lot!

Date of visit: June 2017