“Pick your sauce!”

Ranked #7 of 100 Restaurants in Port Huron
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Just opened about a month ago. It is right downtown in Port Huron.
Reviewed 6 October 2018

My husband brought me to Fuel because he had eaten ribs there with a friend and wanted more. I wasn't in the mood for ribs, so I had a combination of the pulled pork and smoked turkey. Both were tasty on their own, but I LOVED that all 6 kinds of sauce are on the table, so that I didn't have to guess and discover that what I had picked wasn't my favorite. All are good of their type; I just have a preference for less-sweet BBQ. We will go back!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 30 September 2018

We had a nice sandwich and beer. The wait staff was friendly and swift. The food was delicious. Nice décor.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

This is probably the best BBQ in town but I would not rave about the food. The brisket was obviously precooked well in advance - Franklin its not. The other meats tried by my group include the pulled pork, chicken and turkey. All we’re good but not great. If you crave BBQ its better than some chains but remember you are not in Lockhart TX.

Reviewed 27 September 2018

Empty place at noon. The brisket was on the dry side. Burger was just ordinary. Good service though.

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

We were in Port Huron for the Boat the Blue International Boat Show. Twenty one owners of Antique and Classic Boats and talented restoration experts met here for dinner.
The Staff seated us in essentially a private room in the brick lined basement. We had two long tables of people.
The food was very, very good. The majority ordered barbecue. A few ordered steaks and salads. From what I could tell, everyone was happy with their choices. The ribs were tender and meaty. The pulled pork melted in my mouth.
I don’t drink alcohol, so I can’t comment on that.
They were good to take us on. We put this group together in less than 24 hours. Not every restaurant can handle that large a group in that amount of time, especially during a busy Boat Show week.
We found out later, the owners have Lake FX and a Mexican Restaurant in Port Huron,too. We didn’t have time to try the Mexican restaurant, but Lake FX is great!
Definitely give Guel Woodfire Grill a visit!