All reviewsthe breakfast areafront deskroom was cleanchoice hotelsbreakfast attendantkeep coming backbusiness centera great place to staywe've stayedann arboreach morningdefinitely stay here againfuneralmichiganhousekeepinginterstatedetroit
Reviewed 1 June 2018

So I read the other reviews for this hotel and felt like this would be a great place to stay. I have to say that from the time we arrived it was not a good experience. I'm giving it an average rating because the room was clean and the beds were comfortable, but if I had to base this on the service we received it would be a "terrible" rating. The guy at the front desk, Tommy, is terrible. He was clearly annoyed that we had arrived and interrupted whatever he was doing before we got here. He was talking super fast and my mother who is 73 but has good hearing had to keep asking him to repeat himself because he was in such a hurry to check us in that she couldn't understand him. I finally just started repeating slower to her what he was saying because he didn't seem to care that she couldn't understand him. He didn't smile, he didn't make eye contact. We stayed at 7 different hotels on this particular trip and this was the worst check in experience of them all. On top of that there was a large hole in our shower curtain and the toilet seat was loose so every time you go to the bathroom you practically slid off. Also, the door we parked at because it was close to our room had no outside light, it was hard to see where to put the key card because it was really dark back there. I'm really disappointed in this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary W
Joshua R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plymouth - West Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our team aims to provide exceptional service and to provide a hotel that guests love. Upon reading your review, we are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay.

You mentioned that one of our front desk agents seemed to rush you through your check-in process. We understand how important it is to provide our guests with excellent service and can understand how this must have came as a disappointment to you. For that, we do offer our warmest apologies. This particular front desk agent is one of our best front desk agents, so it's quite surprising to hear that this was the kind of experience you had with him. We appreciate you for sharing this feedback with us and will be sure to share it with him as well.

Again, we are sorry to hear that you had this experience. It is feedback such as yours that allows our team to continue to improve as we aim to provide and exceptional experience and hotel that guests love.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Having been on a long distance travel away from home I was extremely pleased with the excellent service provided by Eric W and the rest of the staff. My specific special needs were no issue what so ever, because of that I felt more secure and my stay far more enjoyable with much less stress. Thank you for the Excellent service!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Joshua R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plymouth - West Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us here at the Comfort Inn Plymouth. We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Our team aims to provide our guests with an excellent experience, and it makes us so happy to hear that we are accomplishing this goal. We will be sure to share your gracious compliments with Eric. He goes above and beyond to ensure that our guests are having an exceptional stay.

We look forward to your return visit to the Plymouth area.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We returned here once again to attend a family party and for a volunteer position that I have. Once again, it was excellent! Hotel is very clean. Beds are the best that I can remember in any of our recent trips. Rooms very dark, so slept well. Josh at check in and check out is extremely personable and pleasant. Staff is well trained! Breakfast hostess was a workaholic! So efficient! My only complaint was that I found my bill face up in the hallway the next morning. We don't appreciate our information being out in the hall for all to see.

Loved layout of rooms. Big closet!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us here at the Comfort Inn Plymouth. We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Our team aims to provide our guests with an exceptional experience, and we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We will be sure to share your compliments with our breakfast team. They work hard to make sure our guests get their day started the right way.

You did mention that you had found your bill in the hallway in view of other guests. We understand how important it is to ensure that our guest's information is kept secure, so we can understand how alarming it must have been to find your bill face up in the hallway. For that, we do want to offer our warmest apologies. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will be sure to share this with our overnight front desk team.

We appreciate you being a loyal guest and we look forward to your next stay when you are in town visiting family.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

We stayed two nights ago when we lost our power at home. We were honestly looking for a place close to home with easy access to the freeway, heat, and hot water. We were blown away with how nice the hotel was!

Both the lobby and our room were clean and welcoming. My kids enjoyed the indoor pool, although the water was quite chilly for it being "heated". We didn't hear people in the halls or in nearby rooms, which was nice. And the breakfast in the morning was very good! The woman working in the breakfast area was so nice to me and my kids, even giving us warm chocolate chip cookies when we finished eating breakfast.

We really enjoyed our stay and it made for an enjoyable evening, despite our power situation at home. We would recommend this hotel to any of our friends visiting the area.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Joshua R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plymouth - West Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us, kferstle124. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us, despite the circumstances for your stay. We are so happy that all of the guests that got displaced from the power outage are now back into their homes so that they can relax and enjoy the comforts of home.

We are also delighted to hear that the kids enjoyed the indoor pool. You did mention that it was a little bit on the chilly side, so I will be sure to have our maintenance team double-check the pool temperature to ensure that it is heating properly.

I will also be sure to share your compliments about breakfast with Kim, the breakfast attendant that was working during your stay. She is always so great with children and loves giving them extra attention, and we are so happy to have her as a great member of our team.

Should you ever need a staycation so the kids can go swimming, we would love to have you back. Again, thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The staff was very courteous and the rooms very clean. However, only a shower and not enough choices at the breakfast. I will definitely stay there again. Check in and out were simple and quick. Wi-Fi worked well.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Joshua R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plymouth - West Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Comfort Inn Plymouth and for taking the time to write a review about your experience. We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our team works hard to ensure that all of our guests have an excellent stay, and we are so happy to hear that we accomplished this during your stay.

You did mention in your review that your room had only a shower. We do have a mixture of rooms in the hotel with rooms featuring the stand up shower and other rooms featuring the shower/bath tub combination.

We are looking forward to seeing you here with us again real soon.