All reviews bunk beds the breakfast area room was clean nice stay nice hotel view of the lake family suite would stay again complimentary breakfast nice breakfast front desk staff convenient location oatmeal close to downtown hot tub mackinac island night's sleep
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with my family for Labor Day. It’s located about a mile south of the historic town of Petosky. It’s an easy drive to the Petosky State Park and Harbor Springs, so it’s a great base location for all the activities in the area.

Check in was a breeze (I reserved through Orbitz). The rooms are clean and spacious. Our room (302) had 2 queens plus a small room with bunk beds. There was also a sofa, dining table and small kitchenette.

Breakfast was great. Scrambled eggs, waffles, cereal, bagels, muffins, biscuits and gravy. The dining area was very well kept with a kind employee keeping all the food supplied and tables clean.

There’s also an indoor swimming pool, but we did not visit.
Overall, a perfect stay for our Labor Day getaway.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
KariP431, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Petoskey, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Petoskey. We are happy you found the location convenient to the beaches and shopping and that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. We hope you will stay with us again soon.

Warm Regards,

Kari

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Appears to be an older property & the room we had needed upgrades & maintenance. Tiles in the bathroom were cracked & air conditioning unit was leaking in the floor so the carpet was wet. Nice size bathroom counter. Beds need new mattresses also. We stayed on a Sunday night of a holiday weekend so our room was 200.00 per night but I can’t figure out why. Absolutely nothing special about this property. Breakfast had oatmeal, pastries, smoked sausage & premade cheese omelets. Desk clerk was nice upon checkin. There are a couple of restaurants nearby and one of those is within a couple of blocks.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Super clean room that smelled great. Being on the “first” floor, I did feel like I was in a dungeon, & the wall finish was chipping off in spots. Loved having coffee available all the time, & that breakfast started at 6am.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We apologize your stay was not up to our standards. I would like to apologize that you did not feel comfortable in your guest room and that you encountered some maintenance issues in the room. I am happy to hear that you found our guest room to be clean and that you enjoyed our 24 hour coffee station. We are always looking for ways to improve our product and service, your feedback is very helpful. If you come to our area again we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Best Regards,

Kari

Reviewed 27 August 2018

As a very frequent traveler and (typically) a fan of Hampton properties, it was a great disappointment when I checked into this property last weekend. I requested a room that had a view of the lake. As I checked in on Saturday for a 2 night stay, instead of Friday, I was informed that all those rooms were occupied. BUT she did find a room, on the 1st floor (aka basement level), that had a view (out a small corner window over the roof of a shopping plaza). Issue was, IN MY HILTON HONORS profile, I have some specific room preferences which were NOT met and when I requested a change, I was informed AGAIN since I was checking in on Saturday there was nothing they could do. I
assumed, at the time I reserved this room, that a room (with my preferences) would be held for me). The attitude was that they were "almost full" and that it was the best they could do. The biggest issue was that the room (crappy view not withstanding) was next to the Elevator Equipment room and every time the elevator moved, I could hear it! Front desk attitude...tough luck..it's all we've got! So, I spent Saturday and checked out Sunday. Yes, I found another room somewhere else, where the staff was great. I will be posting a more positive Trip Advisor report about that property. I am sure The Hampton in Petoskey did fine revenue-wise that weekend, regardless of whether or not I stayed for a second night. That said, I felt much better taking my business to a property that cared!

Room tip: Make sure you don't check in on a Saturday....they just don't care about Saturday Check-in customers.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Bonnie L
Reviewed 24 August 2018

My husband and I made a quick trip to Petoskey for our anniversary. When I booked the hotel I mentioned in the notes that the trip was for our 10th anniversary and they had a card and some treats in the room for us. They also upgraded us for free! From start to finish it was a great experience, from our nice, clean room to the free breakfast. We would absolutely stay there again next time we are in Petoskey!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kari P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Petoskey, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

We are delighted you enjoyed the Hampton Inn & Suites Petoskey. I am happy to hear that our staff were able to make your anniversary special during your stay with us. We look forward to your return in the future..