“Excellent food, great service!”
Review of American Spoon

American Spoon
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Petoskey
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Sault Sainte Marie, Ontario, Canada
“Excellent food, great service!”
Reviewed 11 December 2011

The deli serves modern takes on true classics. Loved the eggs benedict...with whitefish! Their gelato selection is excellent! Everything we've had here has been wonderful. The only disappointment we have is that they weren't open during our most recent trip to Petoskey in December. We look forward to seeing them again next summer!

Visited July 2011

Midland, Michigan
“Excellent cheeseburger”
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I enjoyed a cheeseburger with onion jam. (I think that is the correct term.) I asked about the jam at the retail store and was told it is not yet available for purchase by the jar.
Side portions of sliced pickle and potato salad were tasty. I wish the portions of those two side dishes had been larger.
Perhaps the cheeseburger routinely comes with bacon, which I did not want and did not get.

• Visited October 2011
Byron Center, Michigan
“yummy...too much money”
Reviewed 1 October 2011

yummy. the gelato is excellent. strongest flavors imaginable. they let you taste anything and there are a lot of choices. that said, the portions are very tiny and and very expensive. it was fun and for a special treat . i might return since there were more flavors i'd like to try, but it would never be an affordable thing for me to do on a regular basis. try it, though, there are flavors you can't imagine. i got the 3 flavor cup for $5.50. but don't think each flavor is a scoop, its FAR less that and all 3 go in one little cup and nothing is to the top. come on, guys, give us comsumers a little break. you can do better amounts than that! try to not get a skinny person to do the scooping.

• Visited September 2011
petoskey
“Arrogance Beyond Belief”
Reviewed 15 August 2011

After eating at ASF several times, I have finally come to my breaking point with their arrogance. Don't know where it stems from but after receiving eggs that were rock hard without a yolk that could be opened, I requested that the kitchen remake the eggs so that they were over easy. The waitress came back after some time and informed me the kitchen refused to make the eggs that they felt they were cooked correctly. I was told that if I wanted to speak with the culinary director, he would be willing to speak with me. Dumbfounded as I could be, I respectfully refused the reserving of inedible eggs, finished my coffee and left ASF for the final time.

Don't waste your time. There are plenty of good restaurants in Petoskey that treat you well!

Visited August 2011
“Reminds me of Europe”
Reviewed 24 July 2011

This bistro feeling atmosphere reminds me of Europe . The gelato is $ but great with their coffee.