All reviews room was clean mackinaw city bagels biscuits and gravy continental breakfast pool and hot tub snowmobile trails average stay great place to stay boyne highlands pellston lodge regional airport hotel staff were wonderful mackinac rates winter mitt
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

The staff is remarkably kind and helpful. The hotel has a dirty, stained carpet, and our shower curtain was dirty as well. I could not eat the free breakfast because I was concerned the kitchen was unclean. Coffee was terrible. This motel is across the street from the airport, which by the way is the only restaurant in town. The proximity to the airport is the reason this motel gets business. The airport restaurant has great food and is clean!! If your headed to Mackinac Island ultimately, book the shuttle for the ferry for the moment you step off the plane. Or, take the shuttle to Mackinaw City for a choice of hotels and a quick departure over on the ferry to the island. Stopping in Pellston is not a good idea.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2018

The accommodations were comfortable; the staff friendly. Their reservation website was "tricky," especially for a computer dummy like me. Instead of a dialog box for the reservation date that would not let you move on to your checkout unless it was filled in, this website "defaults" to the date you're making the reservation. Being intent on correctly filling in the dialog boxes required, I didn't notice the Modify" button. So the reservation was made for the date I requested the reservation, not the date I needed it for. My bad! Had this website properly made provision for a customer-entered reservation date (like every other reservation website I've used), this error on my part would have been completely avoided. As this reservation was needed because of a bereavement, I was forced to pay twice for the night I actually used this motel. Their bad!

Room Tip: Seemed clean. Beds comfortable.
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank waltersm465
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

I have reviewed Pellston Lodge before but here is another review. I was on my way to Mackinac for a week with Road Scholar who suggested Pellston Lodge. Big mistake. There is absolutely nothing around & unless you have transportation you are stuck! No elevators; had to carry luggage to 2nd floor. Return stay was not pleasant at all. My room was full of tiny ants. My fault for not asking for another room. Road Scholar should have suggested a stay in Mackinac City where there is lots of choices for hotels, places to eat, plus many activities. One of the major ferry lines is right there. Next time I'll know where to stay!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank matilda2001
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

They gave the room that we had reserved back in the middle of June away so 2 of us had to sleep on the floor. Krista the front desk receptionist was so rude to ALL of the guest. She said she did not care that the room was being used and we could figure it out. Such poor service for being a nice hotel and because of One person, Krista I know that all 6 of us will NEVER return nor will we suggest Pellston Lodge!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank rebekah c
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I believe this used to be a Holiday Inn Express or something similar. The room was clean. The décor is old and a bit worn with a stain here or there. Towels were a little flimsy, tv a little small. It served our purpose.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple