All reviewscould hear our neighborsworking areasliding glassgreat lakeswould stay here againjimmy johnsdance competitionnice hotelshower doorcontinental breakfast isroom layoutthe cleaning crewan average hotelnice pool areahear everythingwaffle makercheck in was a breeze
Reviewed 16 July 2017

This Marriott delivers what you would expect; clean and nicely appointed for the basic level hotel range. This hotel has a small bar area open at night - a nice add for a cold beer at the end of the day since there is not much in the area. Another nice add was the fresh popped popcorn ... but only M-Th? Every night would be better! I checked in late on a Thursday and upon returning later in the evening Friday - no popcorn. So a request to the owners is to offer popcorn every night the bart is open.

One dis-appointment though is the quality of the construction of the hotel. Sadly you can hear through the walls, conversations and TV shows.

Room Tip: Get one with an external wall - one less neighbor.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Jessica V, Assitant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We are always open to suggestion, and I will be sure to speak with our team regarding the popcorn on the weekends. We are pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy some of the offered amenities while with us. Rest assured that we are sharing your concerns with the quality of construction with the appropriate team.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

I came with a very large group. The managers Mrs. D. Collier went over and above all my expectations. Not only her but the young man at the front desk, the clean up crew and everyone we run into at the hotel. We had over 20 rooms only one person had a problem with their room but everyone else really loved their rooms. The rooms were very nice and roomy. Very clean, modern and very very nice. The pool light up different colors which was very cool. We were in need of something that we had forgot to bring and the hotel took care of it for us. I love this hotel and will definitely be back
.Thank you so much Mrs. Collier and all you staff you guys rock.

Room Tip: Manager and staff very helpful
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Jessica V, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear Mrs. Lattimore,

We can not thank you and your wonderful group of ladies for choosing to stay with us. What a wonderful time was had. We are so pleased to hear that Mrs. Collier was able to assist you with all your needs. We hope that we shall see you again for your next outing in this area.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

I travel to Detroit a couple times per month & mainly stay at this hotel. The location is great, as it is near several great restaurants & the Great Lakes Crossing shopping mall. The hotel staff treat me like family, which is great when I am away from my family. I highly recommend the place for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: South side rooms are the quietest .............
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Jessica V, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you! We love to make personal connections with our guests and essentially becoming their "home away from home family" especially when our guests are with us time and time again. We look forward to your many returns.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

This is a pretty new property, but with that said it has some quirks. Our shower door would not stay closed and the room layout was just goofy, we had a huge walk in closet, but the tv was placed in such a way that you could neither see it from the bed nor the sofa... Pretty clean but the construction in a few ways is sub par, not the fault of the staff though. They were all very friendly. Decent hot breakfast, nice gathering spaces.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Jessica V, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your most recent stay.

We are saddened to hear that your stay was not as spectacular as we had hoped. We would love to speak with you personally regarding the shower door. Can you please contact the general manager at the hotel so that we can take care of the shower issue.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

I was pleased I got this hotel through Priceline because past reviews mentioned a shuttle to the Palace. We were here for a friday night concert and signed up for the 3rd party shuttle service which was Excellent. Drove us right up to the door and picked us up and shuttled us back to hotel without waiting for traffic, worth the price to not have to park at the Palace and convenience of not having to walk too far or sit in traffic.

The room was spacious but minimalistic. Oddly, the hallway lights shined through our door frame when we turned the lights off which I found annoying. We could hear our neighbors upstairs and on each side of us clearly, I stuck a pillow over my head to get to sleep. No one manning the front desk when we got back from concert so no one answering my calls minutes later to explain how to get the parental controls off our tv so we could watch HBO when we got back. I tried several times and then it just started giving a busy signal. Only 1 decaf and one regular coffee pod for coffee the next morning and one set of coffee/creamer/stirrer packs. Morning breakfast was pretty decent.

I wouldn't stay here again unless I wanted to use the shuttle to the Palace and was glad I got it half off from Priceline.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your recent adventure to the Palace of Auburn Hills. Please allow me apologize for the noise disruption caused by your neighbors. It is our goal to make each and every guests stay as amazing as we possibly can, and unfortunately, that at times calls for our Guest Services Representatives to have to travel to the floors to assist other guests. I am positive that our GSR would have came directly to your room had she known that there was an issue.

All our guest suites are equipped with 1 decaf, 1 regular coffee, and 1 condiment kit. We are always prepared to deliver more of any amenity to our guests per their request.

We hope that you will consider giving us another shot should your travels bring you back this way.