“Yummy Thai”

New Thai Kitchen
Ranked #7 of 126 Restaurants in Okemos
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

The 3 dishes we ordered were very good. I asked for mine (gang pad) to be hot, but it could have used more heat. We ordered the fried rice & my daughter said it was the best she'd had in a long time. The pad Thai was average, but good. Overall the flavors & portion size were great!

Reviewed 17 September 2017

We thought we would try a new Thai restaurant, so we looked around the area and we found, guess what, New Thai. We thought, because of it name, it would be just what we were looking for. It is on a busy road in Okemos but parking is plentiful entering around the corner into a large parking lot. I was a little concerned because Friday night at dinner time it was only about half full. Seeing no one initially we sat down and were soon greeted by a friendly face and welcomed. Menus and water arrived and we looked through the standard dishes complemented by some they said were their own take on a standard. Food came soon and the portions were very adequate. My wife and I were kind of disappointed in each of our meals, due to lack of flavor and even where marked spicy, there wasn't much heat. I know you can sprinkle chiles on a dish after it is done, but it doesn't really taste the same. I finished my meal and my wife declined to take her leftovers home (which isn't like her). The Thailand posters on the wall made it clear this was Thai food, but I thought it was kind of generic. Prices were about as expected.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Had the peanut curry noodles--heat but delicious. Son, a vegan, had the Tofu Prig Phow. Equally tasty!

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

The tastiest oriental food anywhere around here. Their food has a balanced mix of delicate flavors. And, when you ask, they will adjust the heat index up or down as you request.

Rather than opening a package of mass produced food service food, they start from scratch. Wow - is it good!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I went to New Thai Kitchen for dinner with my daughter and her husband (a belated father's day meal). My daughter had been here many times before and always spoke highly, but this was my first visit. The restaurant is small, but appropriately sized for their volume of business. Comfortable, clean, simple and tranquil; updated decor. Service was fast, pleasant, and attentive. Appetizers: spring rolls, fresh rolls, and crab rangoon were all very good. I ordered Pad Thai Curry (N3) with shrimp and medium spice. I found this to be a wonderful dish! The spice level was noticeable but not overwhelming, the yellow curry was slightly sweet with a light taste from the coconut milk. This is certainly one of the best tasting meals I have had anywhere in the Lansing area. I am surprised that I have lived here for 37 years and never visited New Thai, or the original Thai Kitchen. Don't make the mistake I made by overlooking this great little restaurant! This is my new favorite; highly recommended!!