All reviews full kitchen front desk home away from home insurance company basketball hoop exercise room living room room was clean separate rooms laundry facility the thanksgiving holiday outside patio pull out sofa miso soup business trip hot tub twelve oaks mall
Reviewed 20 May 2018

I made reservations on-line 6 weeks prior. Reserved with my credit card and got a confirmation number. When we arrived at the hotel Yvonne the desk clerk refused to honor it. She said it was incorrect. She told me I modified reservation but couldn't tell me how or when. The new rate was $60 more but she also couldn't show me proof that an email was sent with the updated price. She said "I'm sure it was and you deleted it." I am on top of my emails and would've remembered receiving an email with a way more expensive price. After arguing with her for 30 minutes I called corporate, they called her and she still refused to honor the confirmed price. I spent 2 hours trying to figure this out. I had no choice but to take the room. Then when I checked out she said to me "although the price was increased due to you modifying your reservation I'm going to do you a favor and honor the original price." Really?? She never tried to help me, she what she could do, nothing! Then she decides she's going to honor it. Why not do that in the first place rather than waste my time??? What was supposed to be a joyous reunion of friends turned out to be an evening of talking about what a witch Monique was. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Ashley T, Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Novi, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. My name is Ashley and I am one of the managers at the Residence Inn Detroit Novi. It has come to my attention that the service you received during your recent stay did not meet your expectations.

The experience you described is not characteristic of the level of service our associates strive to provide. I would love the opportunity to hear more about your recent stay in an effort to prevent this issue from occurring in the future.

Please let me know the best contact number and time to reach you, or feel free to contact me via phone anytime at . I look forward to speaking with you in order to restore your confidence in the Residence Inn Detroit Novi.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

the staff here have been wonderful. i enjoy the company of everyone that works here. it helps to have such a caring staff when i have to be away from my home and family. andrea, gail, amere, betty, jessica, daniel and ashley are so accommadating and pleasant. thank you for being so kind.

Room Tip: i have stayed here twice and both times on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Ashley T, Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Novi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

We are delighted to have been your chosen hotel during your recent stay in Novi. I am pleased to hear that the staff was wonderful. It was truly a pleasure to serve you!

Reviewed 13 May 2018

We stayed 2 nights at the Residence Inn Detroit Novi location. I called prior to check in and spoke with Gail to confirm our room type. She was very accomodating and friendly. She knew we had a long day ahead of us and had our keys ready with personalized note wishing the kids good luck on their soccer tournament.

While we had a queen bed for us and pull out sofa (double bed) for the kids, this was still plenty of room for our family. Very nice to have full kitchen so we could save money eating in the room. The full breakfast also met all of our needs and this cost was built into the room cost which is a huge savings! Diamond was very friendly as well while servicing the breakfast buffet.

Overall, a great location with many friendly faces especially Gail! Management and all other staff very friendly and helpful.

Great job, Residence Inn Detroit Novi!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn in Novi. We recognize your time is valuable and appreciate your feedback. I am delighted to hear that Gail was very friendly and accommodating. This feedback will be shared with Gail, Diamond, and the rest of the team in order to continue to provide exceptional customer service to guests like you. We hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 12 May 2018

A little trouble finding reception, no signs. 5 stars after that, booked in by Gill who met our requests. Very courteous, informative and professional as were all the staff during our stay. On seeing our room, spotlessly clean as was the hotel. Very well laid out with full kitchen, lounge, business desk and bed onto the bathroom. Not a fan of queen beds,but we had no problems sleeping here, soft top, but firm support, great nights sleep. Breakfast Had Asian, Mexican and traditional American, hot and cold, plenty to start your day off with. Would highly recommend this one.

Stayed: May 2018

We are delighted to have been your chosen hotel during your recent stay in Novi. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. I am delighted to hear that Gail was able to accommodate your needs. I am also pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast. We hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 5 May 2018

Very nice hotel with a good location. The free breakfast is very good. They have fresh fruit, eggs, bacon, oatmeal, etc. The room and hallway were very quiet. THe staff is very friendly and helpful. They have an indoor pool and an exercise room. There is an outside patio area with a grill you can use. Each night they have snacks.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business