“Great staff”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We go every year for our Anniversary. Always have a friendly staff. Food is good not spectacular. Bang bang shrimp is very tasty.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

I'll confess right off the top that I'm a fan of the Bonefish Grill chain, so much so that as my wife and I travel the country, we often plan our overnight stays for proximity to a Bonefish Grill. Why? It's all about the great fresh seafood that the chain presents. You can customize your order from a choice of several sauces and by selecting two sides from a choice of six.

This was our first visit to the Novi Bonefish Grill location as we introduced two friends to it for a late lunch after attending a Friday morning Detroit Symphony Orchestra concert. The "Catch of the Day" was Atlantic Cobia, a white, fairly firm fish with tender flakes; we first learned of this excellent fish several years ago on a fishing excursion in the Gulf of Mexico. Three of us ordered the Cobia ($22.90), two with mango salsa and one with a pan-Asian sauce. Ordering from a list of inluded sides, I had the garlic mashed potatoes (great!) and French green beans, al dente. The Cobia was done to perfection, and was great with either the mango salsa or the pan-Asian sauce.

Our other diner ordered the "Crab-Crusted Cod" ($21.50) off the regular menu. He, too, found his lunch to be excellent.

Bonefish Grill has an excellent wine list, featuring premium wines by the glass. Pairing our food choices with glasses of King Estate Pinot Gris ($9.90) and Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc ($12.70) made for a delicious and leislurely lunch experience.

Bottom line, this Novi Bonefish Grill provided the excellent food, wine and service that we have come to expect from the chain as a whole. We look forward to visiting this location again. Recommended!!

Reviewed 19 January 2018

Have eaten here numerous times and have given them excellent reviews in the past. This past visit left a bit to be desired. We visited on a Saturday after working a tradeshow at a nearby venue. The fact they wouldn't book our reservation for our full group of 10 & 40 minute wait weren't too surprising. It's a very popular place and a Saturday night. Once seated, our waiter was very prompt and friendly. Two of our party tried to start off with the seared ahi and were informed they had run out. Hard to believe since it's probably their most popular appetizer next to the Bang Bang Shrimp. Another member of our party ordered the mussels. When he received them, a little less than half were still sealed shut and couldn't be consumed. Our waiter then listed crab legs as one of the night's specials. I jumped all over that, only to have him return to tell me they didn't have it after all. I decided to go with the scallops which I'd had there in the past. This visit, the scallops were half the size (about the size of silver dollars) of what I'd ordered in the past and pretty over-cooked. Overall, we were a little disappointed. It reminded us of our last visit to another of our favorite Novi restaurants to visit when we were in town for trade shows. A few months later, they closed their doors. Hopefully this was just a fluke and they get their act together because I've always enjoyed it in the past. Next visit will say.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

This location has two seating areas bar and dining room. It has clean visual lines with good natural lighting. The have booths that are comfortable. You have linen on the tables and the servers are very knowledgeable about there selection.

I have eaten here for early lunch so no waiting. I have seen dinner time waiting but again you have two areas to choose from. The free parking is good it is however strip mall parking meaning if crowded you could walk a distance.

The food is great from a variety of appetizers, great salad selection and of course the seafood.

Today I order bang bang shrimp, crab fried rice and broccoli my friends had the spicy tuna bowl and mango salsa tilapia with asparagus and green beans. The timing of the food was great...

The tastes fresh great seasoning and good portions. The pictures provided are from previous visit. It shows the salmon great food salad, crab cakes..bang bang shrimp.

1  Thank Tracie J
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Our crab cake appetizer with fresh bread & basil oil was a delicious beginning before the main course of George’s Bank sea scallops in bacon jam served over mushrooms & sweet potatoes. So tasty .. thank you, Sarah for your capable & cordial service

Been to Bonefish Grill? Share your experiences!