“Better Than Expected!!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in New Buffalo
Reviewed 12 June 2017

Based on the mixed reviews I was a little apprehensive about staying here. However I was pleasantly surprised, it was better than I anticipated:

Room: Clean, comfortable, large flat screen, MICROWAVE AND FRIDGE. Bathroom decent size, water pressure was good in the shower. Bed comfort was average. Could not here noise from other rooms. A/C unit was a little loud but nothing too bad.

Everything else: Staff pleasant, free shuttle to and from Four Winds Casino (hotel provides a shuttle schedule and they were there within plus or minus 5 minutes of the pick up time (don't be late, they don't stick around long - they have a schedule to keep). At certain spots in the hallway it smelled like cigarette smoke (our room had zero smoke odor). Breakfast was decent, your standard free breakfast food (cereal, fruit, pastries, eggs, waffles, sausage).

Overall, comfortable, clean, ok breakfast, and a shuttle to the casino. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the trees.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank starchild101

Reviewed 10 June 2017

I've stayed here several times before but this time the bed was a killer. I never got comfortable as it was really hard. The place however was clean and pretty large. The wi fi was good and the breakfast was standard but good. Maybe I just got a bad mattress this time. I'll probably stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bmski
Reviewed 30 May 2017

I called the hotel after booking online for the wknd and requested that no air freshener / scented chemicals be sprayed due to severe allergies. The management bent over backwards to make sure our room was fragrance free. My kids and I had no issues whatsoever and will make sure to stay here whenever we are in the area. The new owners have done a really good job renovating the former holiday inn. The lobby area had lingering paint smell since they just finished - but that will dissipate soon enough. No issues whatsoever on the third floor where we were.
Again, big thank you to everyone for making our stay great!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

I travel for a living so normally am the person who books our personal travel. Since my schedule was rather hectic I asked hubs to do the honors.

He told me we were staying here for one night, as the rate was astronomical. He refused to define the amount until after we had checked in because I am the bargain hunter.

So a Comfort Inn that charges $220/night cannot provide more than one bath towel per person? It was relatively clean, the woodsy view was nice lady decided day but $220/night? I do not know how he booked this but I found rates on this very site for $90 more or less.

We live close enough to visit often, especially learning Amtrak stops about a block from the beach. But I will be damned if I would book here again -- taking advantage on Memorial Day weekend just because they can. Not a good long-term strategy in my estimation.

I have stayed in Paris and Montreal at rather exceptional places for less. Just plain wrong.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lafemmegiselle
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Just a typical lower budget sleeping accommodation . I have stayed and considered this location several times observing the price fluctuates substantially due to activities in the area. It is not a consideration if the price is high due to local events.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
17.4 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Michigan City
18.1 km away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Michigan City

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!