All reviews room was clean four winds casino nice lady not hesitate to stay here again wooded view other hotels microwave and fridge free breakfast off the highway lobby area check in was quick hot tub holiday inn michigan city up to date off season shuttle
Reviewed 2 July 2016

Friendly staff, but the room was humid and the faucets in both sink and tub not well attached. Bathroom ceiling light wasn't working. We've been here 3 times and it seems it was much better when it was really 'new'. However it is very convenient, easy parking and decent enough breakfast bar. Sufficient for our short stay as we mostly went to the beach and out to eat.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Convenient to the Four Winds casino, & to downtown New Buffalo, where there are some local restaurants. Room was clean & comfortable. Front desk service was average. Typical breakfast things, but it hit the spot. Would stay here again.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

For a hotel that caters to mostly one or two night stays, this hotel fits the bill. Its clean, comfortable, staff was friendly and it had all the basics that one would expect. And that's what i had in mind since we were to Chicago for the day and returning that night, for one night. Everything was fine until my granddaughter and I came to the breakfast room. The place was packed with people. There was a lot of standing and lines for things that had no food or maybe two or three items left. Most settled for what was there and made do, as we did also. Pastries/breads and eggs and sausage were low or non existent. I realize its not fine dining, but could have been better.

Room Tip: Pool is small if crowded.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank CFHazard
Reviewed 17 June 2016

We booked this room to avoid an long drive home after a concert in the event center of the Four Winds casino. We read through the several reviews of this property and didn't know what to expect. Apart from being priced gouged on the room rate because of a Steely Dan/Steve Windwood concert, the room was fine. Had to listen to the desk clerk phone quote rates that were half of what we paid. It's a budget style hotel and would meet those expectation well. The Breakfast includes sausege/scrambled eggs, just don't be late. They close at the posted time and not a minute later. Would I stay again, yes. Had a couple check in before us and promptly asked for a refund. Not sure why, but to my surprise, the property honored the request. T

Reviewed 13 June 2016

Finding a reasonably priced hotel near Lake Michigan during peak season is hard to come by especially if you only want one night. We found our spot here at Comfort Inn. Rooms are typical with comfy beds, nice linens and clean bathrooms. My only concern was I had to turn the AC down to 61 degrees to be comfortable. I think the AC unit may be on it's way out. Breakfast was adequate, pleased that they had scrambled eggs and yogurt. Most hotels are just carbs. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't trust the temperature on the AC unit. It may not be accurate.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family