All reviews room was clean four winds casino nice lady not hesitate to stay here again wooded view microwave and fridge off the highway free breakfast lobby area check in was quick hot tub holiday inn michigan city up to date indoor pool shuttle scent
Reviewed 13 June 2016

Finding a reasonably priced hotel near Lake Michigan during peak season is hard to come by especially if you only want one night. We found our spot here at Comfort Inn. Rooms are typical with comfy beds, nice linens and clean bathrooms. My only concern was I had to turn the AC down to 61 degrees to be comfortable. I think the AC unit may be on it's way out. Breakfast was adequate, pleased that they had scrambled eggs and yogurt. Most hotels are just carbs. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't trust the temperature on the AC unit. It may not be accurate.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Kris1951
Reviewed 11 April 2016 via mobile

Stayed here on out way home from Nashville. The room was clean and new. Beds were comfortable and had a newer flat screen TV. There is a free breakfast in the morning - enough to take the edge off and start your day.

We were in a room right off lobby. The office door opened and slammed quite a bit through the night - next time we will remember this and request a room a little further away from their front office.

If you are heading to the casino, it's literally 1-2miles from the hotel.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

We spent one night here on our way to Chicago. If you just want a place to spend the night and leave it is an ok place. Seemed nice and clean to me, which is the most important part. No frills. Bathroom had a hairdryer but no magnifying cosmetic mirror or creme rinse for hair. No extras at the breakfast bar either. Bagels, fruit, toast, scrambled eggs that I wouldn't eat, powdered donuts, and cereal. Warm hot tub (not hot) and small pool. Like I said, sleep and leave, but it did the job.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

This place is absolutely terrible. The main Indian lady is a complete witch. We had a water leak in our room.. When we called her to come fix the leak (in the bathroom!!!) she was snooping around the rest of our room saying how messy it was (we had a 3 year old with her toys scattered on the floor). The next morning at breakfast we were going to bring some bagels back to the room for my dad and sisters and we got yelled at saying no room is to be taken in to the room.. Then when we asked her for more milk for the cereal she gave us a hard time about that because it was 8:45 and breakfast closed at 9! And then when we went to ask for more towels for a shower (there were 5 of us in the room and only 4 towels) we got yelled at yet again saying she would not give us more towels because there was already 4 in there. We ended up needing to go to the pool to get more towels! We also tried to explain how terrible our stay and week has been been and she simply said "that's not my problem" and as we walked away she yelled at us from across the hall saying "check out is at 11 o'clock!" Even though we already have a 11:30am check out. This place isn't very clean and this lady makes your stay the worst I have ever had at a hotel in a very long time.. And I should know. I work at a hotel. Don't waste your money.

Stayed: March 2016
4  Thank chirowife22313
Reviewed 21 March 2016

Recently spent a night here. Not sure why it comes in at #8 out of 8, but we found the motel to be above average. Room was clean, heat/ac worked fine, good amount of tv channels, plenty of hot water, comfortable bed.
The one area that needs improvement is the breakfast. Unfortunately, the eggs and sausages were cold and inedible. Tables were not cleaned up and trash needed taken out. Hopefully they will fix the hot plate for their hot breakfast items.
All in all, satisfactory stay, and for much less than the other chain motels at this intersection.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple