All reviews four winds casino front desk road noise the breakfast area free breakfast room was clean minute drive king suite easy access the air conditioning outlet mall up to date convenient location would stay again lake michigan hot tub wine tasting
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Horrible! Bed had blankets under to add fluffiness which failed. 1st time I pay for a spa suite which did not come with a lil fridge. Then I specifically chose hotel for jacuzzi which was down for repair which was not being repaired. I wouldn't even stay again for free.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 22 February 2017

Hi,
Thank you for share your concerns, Our spa rooms do not fridges in the rooms, our spa in the pool area was down to fix tiles that came off.

We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.

VR

Reviewed 7 February 2017

The hotel was clean and breakfast was fine, but the rooms were small. We were on the 4th floor and it took a long time for the water to get hot. I really expected a little more from a Fairfield. The staff was nice and check in and out were easy. It is very close to the highway.

Room Tip: Don't stay by the elevator
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 8 February 2017

Hi,

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feed back
We hope you will visit us again, we have suites that are larger rooms.

VR

Reviewed 5 February 2017

We had a pleasant, one night stay at this hotel recently. Fairfield Inn is part of a more budget-friendly subgroup of the Marriott brand. I note that because our room was on the small side, but fine for two of us for one night. Everything was clean, and the color scheme (in greens and whites) felt fresh and relaxing. The bathroom was a nice size with plenty of counter space by the sink. The king-bed room where we stayed also had a desk and upholstered chair. My only complaint was that the alarm clock had a bright snooze button that stayed lit all the time, making it a brighter nightlight than worked for me!

A hot, buffet breakfast is included with the room, and the breakfast room is of decent size. (It was still crowded at 8 a.m. on a Sunday morning, but the staff helpfully brought out additional chairs.) Breakfast included eggs, sausage, cereals including oatmeal, pastries, fruits, juices and coffee.

There is a small indoor pool but we didn't use it so I cannot say more about it.

This hotel is right off I-94, at the first (or last, depending on travel direction) exit on the Michigan side (near Indiana). It would be good stop for travelers; not sure about vacationing here. The town of New Buffalo is very small and there were limited food choices, though our visit was "off season" for the Lake Michigan shore area; perhaps there are more choices during summer.

All in all, I would definitely stay again if I needed lodging in the New Buffalo area.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 7 February 2017

Hi,

Thank you for your comments, we were glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us.
in New Buffalo,MI.

VJR

Reviewed 31 December 2016

We needed to find some accommodation in this part of town, and although you need to get a cab to the hotel if you're not driving, it's close to town and offers comfy bed and decent rooms. Service is friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2016

A group of friends and I were visiting the Four Winds Casino the day after Thanksgiving and wanted to stay overnight. No rooms were available at the hotel, and even when available weekend rates are often $400 plus. After our one night at the Fairfield Inn, we will not stay anywhere else when in the area--including the casino!

The staff at check-in were very friendly and helpful. There is even a shuttle back and forth from the casino, and it also stops at the downtown New Buffalo Amtrak station which could be a great option in the future.

The rooms were typical of a Fairfield Inn, decently sized, well-equipped, and very clean. Although right off of the highway, the rooms were very quiet.

Thanks to the Fairfield Inn staff for a great stay. Looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends