1,279 results
All reviews d day beaches normandy beaches half board de la demi pension junior suite main building stone walls dining rooms breakfast and dinner beautiful hotel bread restaurant staff an excellent restaurant short drive historic sites within easy reach
Reviewed 21 August 2016

Ideal location to visit Normandy, just 3 km from the landing beaches. Very friendly staff. Hotel is situated at the country side, very quite with a nice garden. Rooms are very nice decorated. Pity there was no refrigerator on the room.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Relais du Silence Hotels
Reviewed 20 August 2016

Beautiful location amid all the place of interest of the 1944 juni 6 Invasion. Excellent and friendly hotel in two 18e century landhouses. Beautiful garden. Fine breakfast. They speakers all English,!

Room Tip: Take every room you need; each one is different
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2016

A beautiful hotel, with very helpful staff and a superb restaurant. Slightly off the beaten track in a very quiet rural location. One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed in many. Very good value for money. Highly recommended as long as you like an independent, historic hotel, not an anonymous corporate type experience.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Relais du Silence Hotels
Reviewed 16 August 2016

While touring the D-Day beaches and Museum's, my 13 year old daughter and I stopped here for lunch. This hotel restaurant would be equivalent to my dream home if I could live in such a place! Words cannot describe the history, quaintness, and charm of this location. Ferme is a 13th century farm converted to a hotel/restaurant that has been restored with modern conveniences yet maintains the historic charm so well known to the Normandy region of France. I wasn't sure what I was expecting as we approached Ferme however pulling through those gates I was completely taken with the exterior charm. While we did not have the luxury of staying in the hotel, we did see photos of the rooms and it would definitely be a place I would enjoy spending a couple evenings. The restaurant itself was of course on par with the rest of the location with the old stone walls, beautiful lights....Suffice it to say I thought it was stellar and is definitely my kind of place! In regards to the food, it was very tasty and prepared in the typical French way. Our appetizer was a think French bread slice baked with French cheese which was very much to our liking. The entrée was a game hen which again was prepared perfectly. We also had a dessert with small cake pieces containing fresh raspberries and an ice cream/sorbet which had a perfect flavor. The wait staff we friendly and attentive. My only regret with Ferme is that we could not spend more time there or spend a couple evenings. I will say that the next time we are in Normandy we will definitely be spending more time here as we tour the local vicinity! If you ever, ever have the opportunity, take the time to stop at Ferme de la Ranconniere even if you can't spend the night or eat. You will be immediately transported back to Medieval Normandy.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank scuba6
Reviewed 14 August 2016

Stayed two nights in Manoir de Mathan while we explored the Juno landing site and museum. Two days is not enough time to explore Normandy and we will be pleased to return to Ferme de la Ranconniere for a longer time in future. Our room was spacious and very nicely decorated beside the breakfast room and patio on the main floor. Dinner in the main dining room was one of the highlights of our 10 days in France. Service was excellent both at check-in, check-out and for dinner. Never met our cleaners but did not have any complaints. All in all a very nice experience and we would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple