Free cancellation until 30/07
US$81
All reviewsnew ownersovernight stopsmall hotelprevious ownerswonderful foodour room was spaciousen routefriday nightmichelin starthe ground floorscallopsdelightful place to stayattentive servicechanged handsgazpachota reviewswifi
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We booked an overnight stay here on our way to south west France after reading such good reviews.
We had a de-luxe room in the adjacent building which was a substantial property of the 'maison de maitre' type.Our room was downstairs in the front,overlooking the little garden and was large and comfortable.Our double bed was in fact two singles put together,so very spacious.There was a separate sitting area. The lavatory was in its own 'cloakroom' area,separate from the bathroom.The bathtub was a decent size corner one and there was a shower cubicle and plenty of space for toiletries around the wash basin.
We'd booked a table for dinner as the restaurant is very popular with locals as well as tourists.We chose to eat in le petit salon, a small room off the main dining room.
Dinner was excellent.We started with cocktails which came with delicious canapes.Then we tucked in heartily to the four course menu.There was one of the best cheese trolleys I've come across with a great selection of labelled cheeses.Cheese came accompanied by three sorts of chutneys.Coffee came with chocolates of course and we finally finished our meal two and three quarter hours after we had sat down.
It was all truly well presented and delicious and served by friendly staff.
When can I return please?

Room Tip: Go for one of the large de-luxe rooms if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mummygaot
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Well I'm so glad I read the reviews on this hotel on Tripadvisor, and I can also see why the hotel proudly displays their Tripadvisor sticker. What a fantastic place in a very rural location. Super, comfortable, clean bedroom, couldn't ask for anything more.

The one thing that sold me this hotel was the continual praise for the quality of the food, and this praise is not given so fequently without good reason !

Luckily or us, having seen the Tripadvisor comments, I had decided to book Demi-Pension (Half Board), thank goodness we did. Had we not done this I think we may have struggled to get a table in the restaurant, it was full and it was very easy to see why. Both the quality of the food and the service were superb. I cannot recommend it highly enough. I am not going to bore you with what we ate but suggest you come here and try it for yourselves ! Everything was fresh and extremely tasty and I would guess that there are top class establishments around the world that would be extremely jealous of the wine cellar this place has.

Get here and enjoy. We'll be back .....soon !!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stupot1963
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Hi,

my wife and I booked this hotel on our journey south from Cherbourg to Toulouse mainly due to its location and the recommendations of 'most' Tripadvisor reviews. We allowed for the fact, as we normally do, that you are always going to get reviews from some people who will never be satisfied with an establishment such as this but fortunately they tend to be a minority.

We had initially intended to stay in this hotel on our outward journey only but, due to our initial experience, re-booked on our way home again due to its location but this time based on our own experiences.

On both occasions we booked a superior room, located in a separate villa some 10m from the main hotel, and were impressed by its spaciousness, cleanliness and the facilities which included a bathroom with a large oval bath and separate shower. The room had a widescreen HD television with satellite channels and Wifi that was both quick and free of charge.

We dined in the restaurant on both evenings and were impressed by the ambience, quality of the meals, service and cost. We don't speak particularly good French but found, as in most cases, that where any misunderstandings do arise smiles, amiable gestures and a sense of humour can usually dispel any potential ill feeling or tension.

Lastly, having read a couple of the earlier reviews, we found that all the staff from the owner / chef, to the junior waiting staff were without exception pleasant and helpful and ensured our stay was most enjoyable.

Will we stay again - absolutely. In fact this will become a regular stop for us when we journey to the south or south - west in France.

Would we recommed others stay here - again absolutely.

Pete

Room Tip: The superior rooms are definitely worth the extra cost - I think ours cost an extra 10 Euros.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Stayed for three nights recently. Would thoroughly recommend both hotel and restaurant. We were in a large loft room. Very quiet and comfortable. Excellent shower and bathroom. Breakfast was really good - yummy scrambled eggs. The restaurant was just fantastic - really good food from a large menu. The wine list was amazing. The staff were extremely friendly and knowledgable, especially about the wine. All in all a really good place to stay.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank BettyB000_10
Reviewed 16 September 2012

A very good place to break a journey. Excellent food and wine and very good value for money. The rooms across the road are spacious, well-appointed and quiet. The ambience is well judged by the efficient and friendly staff. We enjoyed our two stopovers here very much indeed. Thank you to all concerned

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends