Baymont Inn & Suites Muskegon
US$130
QualityInn
US$114
US$105
Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores(Muskegon)(Great Value!)
US$127
Belaire Motel(Muskegon)
US$139
US$133
TripAdvisor
All reviewssausage biscuitsmonday nightpool and hot tubstaff was friendlyroom was cleanstaying at this hotelfresh fruitfirst floorwould stay againnice staymallchemicalsaccommodationsmeijerhighwayclerkmicrowave
Reviewed 4 July 2011

BE WARNED! This property does NOT have an elevator and the stairway to the second floor has no back on the stairs and a completely inadequate landing to safely open the door to enter or exit. It is an old hotel that needs a lot of updating. The breakfast room only has 2 small tables in it and only had minimal supplies. The men at the front desk are not helpful. If you are lucky enough to get the woman front desk clerk, you will get good service. The housekeeping staff did a nice job cleaning with what they had to work with. Stay at the Fairfield just down the street!

Reviewed 2 July 2011

We stayed here in June 2011. Bathroom was big and had great water pressure in the shower. The bed was comfy, but the tv was not aligned with the bed and it was a terrible, old tube tv. Indoor pool, hot tub, and sauna. Pool was too warm, hot tub and sauna were not hot enough, but otherwise ok. We were there on a Sunday, and although the hotel was hardly booked at all, they put all the guest right next to each other and the walls were thin. The air conditioner was really fighting to work. The staff was friendly. The hotel is smoke free- but our room clearly was recently smoked in. Single room had adjoining door which was annoying- it felt like we were sharing a room with the neighbors. 12 miles from Michigan Adventure, which was nice. Decent touch lamps. Good part of town. The in room coffee maker was disgusting and had mold in it. Continental breakfast was cold and pick over by 9am- very lackluster. Very dusty by tv. Overall not awesome, but I would stay there again if it was just for a night because we got a good price.

Reviewed 28 June 2011

We have a dog and she travels with us. The Baymont takes dogs and has nice, safe grounds on which to walk them first thing in the morning and last thing in the evening. While we did not take advantage of the pool area, it was clean and looked inviting. Several times I saw families playing in it. The exercise room is not for the claustrophobic, but it does have a couple of nice machines in good working order. The rooms were clean, the bed could use replacing, but it was functional. The a/c was great! Parking is ample and close. The breakfast was adequate for our needs as my husband is a diabetic and I only need a juice for him in the morning and then we head to a local place for a more complete menu. It is located easily off the highway and right down the road from the main shopping area in the Muskegon/Fruitport area. It was less than 10 minutes from the family we were visiting and getting on the highway was as easy as getting off of it. One downside to the hotel was that the first room we were put in was next door to the only smoking room in the hotel. We later found out that it is actually a no smoking hotel and that when we asked to be moved because our neighbor was a smoker; the neighbor should have been fined and asked to leave! Whoops! We used to stay at the Shoreline Inn and Suites and when they came under new management they decided to stop allowing dogs on the property. Well, I will happily take my business to the Baymont!

Room Tip: specify an even numbered room they face west.
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I stayed here for two nights, and was pleasantly surprised by the room I had - much nicer than I had expected for the price. The room was large, with a king size bed (very comfortable), TV with cable, iron and board, inroom safe, etc. The bathroom was very clean, and everything functioned properly. The front desk was very friendly (both after midnight when I checked in and early morning when I left. The location is not as convenient for Muskegon as some others, but I was actually visiting family south of town so it was a good location for my visit.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and two young children. The staff were all very nice, friendly, and helpful. The pool room is beautiful with wood decor, lots of plants, and very inviting. The beds are the most comfortable that we've found in a hotel so far! We will definitley stay here when we come to Muskegon again because it is conveniently located a mile from the Lakes Mall and many chain restaurants and other shopping.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family