Lowest prices for your stay
US$99
Free cancellation until 12/03/21
Hotels.com
US$99
Free cancellation until 12/03/21
TravelocityUS$99
Orbitz.comUS$99
CheapTicketsUS$99
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 February 2020 via mobile

La Perla is a centrally located beautiful white mansion with comfortable yet very high beds ( why so high, I couldn’t understand). Service was also good both for carrying our luggage and also at the reception and restaurant. My main problem was the stairs with high steps, something impossible to change but quite hard to climb for people with knee problems. There were only 2 single bed rooms downstairs, the rest were all upstairs. Fortunately we didn’t have to carry our luggage. Our room had no windows but that wasn’t a great problem. There was no place to put the suitcases on so we put them on the floor. The showers were good. The flush had a special technique that we learned from the reception.
The terrace was nice with rocking chairs. Breakfast was served in the garden. There were actually two kinds, one with rice and black beans and eggs ( Central American style) and the other with fruit and eggs. Fruit was also served abundantly. The hotel is good for one or two nights but not more.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2020

Normally, being a tour operator, I don't write reviews. I send a note directly to owner or manager. But given I could not find even a website for this place, I decided I have no choice.

I am on a scouting trip looking for places to send guests to Nicaragua now that things seem more stable. The hotel with its colonial charm and location are perfect. We wanted a room with 2 beds but because there were problems with the water, they could only give us 1 room with a king. We agreed, but was assured if they fixed water, we would be upgraded.

We return from dinner, and they assure us water has been fixed, and we get our upgrade. Room was very nice and spacious on second floor. Water seemed to take about 5 minutes to get to room, I guess because it was off for a while, and when it did, it was very low. I still however managed to get a shower.

The morning... no water. We decided since our guide was waiting, we would just skip showers. Thankfully there was complimentary bottled water to brush our teeth.

I went down to check out and the front desk wanted my card to adjust my bill for the upgrade. That is when I decided to say something. I told him there was no water this morning and while I can accept that, I was not happy about having to pay for the upgrade. He hesitated and call maintenance.

Maintenance came and told him that yes, they had shut off water to do more work on water system. There seemed to be no concern (especially on his part) what so ever about guests or being bothered to alert them. The icing on the cake was reception told me I should have come down to desk to inform them. Huh? It seemed to me, he was trying to put the onus on me for not having water. I kind of smirked and told him, that the last thing In want to do first thing in the morning is put clothes on to run down downstairs in a big hotel public lobby to complain about water. I knew even if I did, I doubted it would have been rectified in a suitable amount of time.

I left it with him. I said you can charge me for the upgrade if you feel you have to, but I was not very happy about it. He convoyed with people around him, and they decided not to.

It's sad. I know these countries are really struggling to restore confidence and get business... and me living in Central America for 15 years, I get that things don't always go smoothly. But, regardless, they will have to do better than that for me to confidently feel okay with sending guests there.

Room tip: Suites are nice and big
Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank colinsito
Reviewed 16 December 2019

A exclusive hotel to me the best in Leon. The location is perfect because it is centrally located to all of the amazing places Leon has to offer. The rooms are extremely clean and the beds are delicios, a very friendly staff and also great cook!

Room tip: It has 2 floors so the ones located in the 2nd floor have a grea view but also there are ones near the pool with a very comfy area.
Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 22 November 2018

Nice rooms in quiet hotel in the center of town. Friendly staff and nice clean rooms. great value. I would def recommend. Will stay there again. Right beside the university. The WIFI is also good. And free breakfast with omlet and coffee.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank gavank
Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

The hotel is gorgeous, and is centrally located in Leon. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. We stayed one night and felt safe. The staff was kind and helpful. Because of the current situation in the country, many places in the town are closed. The hotel is operating on a small staff; the restaurant and bar was not operating while we were there. We never felt uncomfortable or unsafe while we were visiting. Everyone and everything was great while we were here. Definitely the nicest hotel in Leon!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple