“Great pork”

Porkys House
Ranked #23 of 103 Restaurants in Leon
Cuisines: Barbecue, Cuban, Central American, Grill
Reviewed 19 July 2016

Good food, friendly staff and air conditioned. They open at 11:00. However when I arrived at 11:00 I was told that the chef would not be there until 12:00. But when I came back another day (much later) I had a great meal. I have been there a couple times since. I do recommend it to friends.

1  Thank solarteinn

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

Went into this place with two friends asking if they could prepare me a light meal because I was not feeling too well. The waitress didn't bother to go and ask the chef. She just kept repeating that there was no way that it would be possible to get anything outside of the menu in a really unfriendly and uncaring way.

Hablo español perfectamente asi que no ha sido un malentendido.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

While it wasn't the wait staff's fault (who knows what the heck was going on in the kitchen), the experience was horrendous: the overpriced food was less than mediocre, and it took 45 minutes for a SIMPLE plate of beans and cheese to arrive. Since I had a meeting to rush to (I hadn't planned on it: I arrived a good 1.25 hours ahead of time to enjoy my meal), I had to get it boxed to go: when I stated that the "to-go" box should be given to me for free due to the long wait, they balked! HORRIBLE experience and will never go back...I also know not to be Leon on a Sunday since the restaurant options that are open is EXTREMELY limited on Sundays.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

I have tried Porky's House twice and it totally satisfied my cravings for meat and spices both times. The first visit I had the Lechon Cubano, tender and moist pork shoulder with the fatty side nicely charred and seasoned with wonderful Cuban spices. It came with a delicious side of yuca. On the second visit, I had the pulled pork, again moist and tender, served in a really great barbecue sauce with a side of cole slaw. The ambiance is pub-like, with dark woodwork and pig and beer-related art work on the walls. There is a main dining room with long wood tables and benches and a side dining room with tables for four. Staff persons were friendly and efficient. Approximately 7-10 USD for an entrée and a beer or two.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

This place is a little out of the way but worth any effort to get here. The pork is really great and the atmosphere is nice.