See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 December 2017

In fairness, there was one receptionist who could speak English and was apologizing for any inconvenience we've had during our 4 nights stay, but honestly I am surprised he works there. He could do so much better.
Starting with our room. It was spacious and if you look just at room you might say not bad. And then you open doors to the bathroom... Despite cleaning service every day it was dirty, unsafe to use ( electric cables in shower head), mould on the wall, damp smell, dark, curly hair ( not mine, I am blonde ), stains on sink ( I was tempted to sacrifice one afternoon, buy detergents, call the maid and show her how to remove dirt). The AC works only on 23 degrees and fan cannot be used without having light on... If you want peace and quiet, avoid this hotel. It's on busy street, cars passing by or stopping by the entrance at 3am with music on speakers. Men shouting outside the hotel from 5 am etc. In the evening, they close main door at 9pm. You need to ring the bell. The night porter can't speak english, which is ok, it's Nicaragua so he doesn't need to, but the way he treats you is unacceptable. We felt like intruders. First morning we came down for breakfast which was included, the staff wasn't interested to tell us where to go, after 10min walking around we finally got to the "bar". The tables were messy after previous group. Lazy waitress came up throwing menu on the front of us. Coffee was served in dirty cup ( used by other guest and not washed properly?) and the food was awful. We finished quickly and said thank you. But no thank you, good bye from staff... We decided to pay extra and eat next time in the town. Unfortunatelly for us, there was a Miss& Mister of Centro America group staying at the time, so all staff, especially one receptionist in pink t-shirt was more interested in them and games on his computer than us. Any question we had, he had to telephone the nice receptionist because he wasn't able to do anything, even check the taxi... poor, very poor. Going back to beauty pageant issues. They took over whole hotel. 30 young people sitting, lying on stairs, listening loud music, shouting. We found difficult to get throug the floors, they didn't even move!!!!! We should be informed that they are going to be there, having photoshoots in courtyard and routine practice in the hall. Girls staying in rooms next to our room were very loud all night, to the point that my husband knocked on wall and shouted asking for silence.When we rated hotel on FB the management very quickly asked us what was wrong. And suddenly, 5star reviews appeared on fb page... by beauty pageant contestants! How crafty...
Avoid this hotel...

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2017

First of all, make sure when reserving online that the price is NOT per person. While we had specified 3 people total using booking.com our total price was considerably higher once we arrived as the staff said that our online quote was per person. After a long day of driving, it was getting dark and we were tired, so we decided to stay. Our room was a disaster! I didn't even know it was possible to have a room with no windows whatsoever. Also, the bathroom was disgusting and smelled bad, which meant we had to keep the door open for awhile just to air it out. You can also easily hear both the street noise as well as noise from other rooms and common areas. When we inquired with the front desk as to quiet time at night (because the people across from us were talking very loudly) they told us that the hotel has no such policy and that it was our responsibility to tell the other guests to be quiet so we could sleep. This is an overpriced property and thank goodness it was just for one night!

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2017

The hotel staff and the lobby are outstanding. I sat in the lobby reading for hours, fans make a very comfortable breeze, no heat.
The staff was very friendly, helpful and nice.
Breakfast is free and is a full hot meal with juice.
The location is right in the middle of town, which is fantastic. I am a walker and this allowed me to see many things. Great restaurants and the Unesco Cathedral are all very close by.
My room, however, was totally basic- a bed, nightstand, small desk and small bathroom with sink, toilet and shower. The air conditioner barely kept up with the heat. The room was very old and looked it. It was not a relaxing place for me, which is why I spent so much time in the lobby.
If you need a low cost hotel room and want to be in the middle of town, this will fit your bill.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 February 2017

I ended up at this hotel at the last minute, because the hotel where I was originally booked was having a concert with deafening music. This hotel is located a few blocks away in a quieter part of the city center.
The room was quite basic with a bed, night table, luggage and clothes rack and a fairly unsteady table. No chair. The A/C was working ok. Bed linen provided but no blanket or comforter. Basic bathroom with missing toilet cover. Shower with decent water pressure; water temperature difficult to adjust. Minimal toiletries. Only a bath towel provided (no hand or face towels).
Sound-proofing was completely lacking. Fortunately my room was not facing the street and was reasonably quiet. However, don't plan to sleep past 6:30-7:00 when the noise starts.
Complimentary Wifi.
Breakfast: edible, no buffet, few menu options to choose from.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

If you want to be close to the Nica culture this is your place, Lovely place to stay, I recommend for sure.
Comfy Rooms, good breakfast and cleansed. Overrated price but still worth it, The staff can be so much better, unfortunately not the best customer service. But the build it's pretty.

Date of stay: May 2016