Review Highlights
Telica Volcano Hike - excellent, local and friendly adventure!

Reviewed 16 May 2019
WG1991
Auckland Central, New Zealand
Volcano hikes

Reviewed 26 July 2018
valur70
Vernon, Canada
via mobile

All reviews tour guide marjorie punctual culture information volcano
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 May 2019

My partner and I had a great experience doing the Telica hike with Margery’s hiking company, Trek Nicaragua! We booked at the last minute as we were late to Leon, but they easily picked us up from our hotel with no issues. We had a great drive with her through the country, pretty much four wheel driving to get to the base of the volcano, which was really amazing. The hike itself is not long and relatively easy, but the view of the crater is well worth it - it’s huge and deep, and is venting lots of gas. The views are also incredible! Margery also knew everything about the area and geology, which was impressive.

Would definitely recommend this company, excellent service, local knowledge and very professional.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

Went on 2 volcano hikes with Marjorie and she was just wonderful. There was not a single question she couldn’t answer and we had many. She had great stories and was very personable with flawless English. Her boyfriend was our driver and he made sure we got there safely.

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 25 July 2018

What an amazing time! Marjourie was a fantastic guide, who took us to see various volcanoes. The trek included a delicious meal and superb company. After the trek I had to get back to Managua, and she very graciously offered to drive us back to the city, and even showed us around while we were waiting for our flight. She is very knowledgeable about the terrain, and passionate about her work. I plan to hopefully go back, and I will only use Trek Nicaragua!!

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Margarite was an outaitnading host to the group I was with. She was informative, conscious of our safety and fitness levels of group. She shared her extensive knowledge of the region and made the day a complete pleasure for us! Would highly recommend calling them up if you are touring through this region in Nicaragua!

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

I discovered this compagny when doing the volcano boarding at the Cerro Negro. Our tour guide, Marjourie, was AMAZING. She offered me and my friend to join an overnight tour at the Telica volcano the day after! Wow! Best decision I took during this trip :) The hike was great, the camping gear was new and nice and the food was delicious! Still remember the good taste of the fajitas around the bonfire! Had an amazing time :) And loooved the fact that it's 100% from Nicaragua (people, food...) I also remember when an older man and his son came in the morning, on a horse, from their farm, to bring us our breakfast! It was so fresh and so good! I highly encourage you to book through this compagny!!
Thanks a lot again for everything Marjourie!

Date of experience: April 2018