All reviews hot shower at home great view three nights comfortable rooms few days nepali food other guests surrounding hills fell in love cozy town a real gem black tea hill station beautiful memories bardia national park beautiful place
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights at the Homestay and I didn’t sleep that well in weeks. It’s clean, large room with amazing view. The owners are very welcoming and warm. The best so far in Nepal! Thank you I would definately stay again! :)

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Even though I stayed here quite a while ago I still want to leave a review: it's an great place to stay. The family is lovely and speaks good english, and is able to tell you what to do and see in the surrounding area.

The rooms where clean. The breakfast was tasty and different everyday. The terrace where you can drink coffee or tea, eat breakfast or read something also has a great view of the town and the surrounding hills on a clear day. I don't have anything bad to say about it!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2018

I came planning to stay 2 nights and ended up staying 3 weeks. It was a random decision to stop by Tansen on the way from Lumbini to Pokhara, which ended up being the best decision of my Nepal trip, and the place I stayed the longest. Everyone should make a point of visiting this peaceful hill station for an authentic experience of Nepali life, culture, nature, and friendliness.

Dhani and Janaki literally adopted me like their daughter (whom apparently I somewhat resemble). I immediately became part of the family, and we have so many beautiful memories made over just 3 weeks, including morning strolls in the park with Dhani, evening strolls along the hillside with Janaki, yoga all over the place, smoothies, cooking, etc. Dhani also took me on a trip to Jalpa Village, which was breathtakingly beautiful. We walked all day through the hills and views, eating berries along the way, exploring a cave, and leaving the waterfall for next time. I also joined the community 5am yoga sessions with the wonderful ayurvedic doctor of the town Suresh ji.

Tansen is a peaceful place to unwind. Horizon homestay is located up top with a gorgeous view of the little town, and the forest/park right behind you for walking and meditating. There are some beautiful historical temples like the goddess Bhagwati temple and the Amar Naryan temple with its erotic carvings, and both of them have daily aarti ceremonies you can attend.

I felt right at home, and after months of traveling alone, literally being adopted by this lovely couple made my heart so warm and happy. I miss you Janaki and Dhani. Hope to see you again soon. You are always welcome to visit me in my home in Kenya, otherwise, see you next time in Nepal! Much love.

Room tip: Just message them beforehand with what you need and they'll do their best to accommodate you
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I first stayed at Horizon Homestay during my first visit to the peaceful town Tansen (I love this town) in 2013. Yanaki and Dhani and their two wonderful children welcomed me like family. I enjoyed my clean room and hot showers during my stay. I went back to visit them again last year after my EBC trek. They welcomed me like family again! I am very happy that the family is doing very well. Miss you and Tansen.

Date of stay: November 2017
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

So far being at this homestay was an amazing holiday for all of us. The owner is amazing guy he helped us to get his place by giving right information while we were late on the way.I fell in love with sitting on rooftop and having good breakfast (banana pancake with honey and local fried potato) also perfect view.Homestay gave us good information about whole tansen which was completely free and worthfull.We were 4 people stayed 3night was best.I cant except more than this.I will highly recommend this place to all those traveller who will pass through my cafe & bar at bardia national park..

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Dhanishwar B, Owner at Horizon Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Thank you so much Pramesh ji for your such a nice review. Your words mean a lot to us. We also had a nice time with you. We would like to welcome you all in our homestay again.
Greetings