“Lovely structure and interesting to visit”
Review of Janaki Temple

Janaki Temple
Reviewed 5 August 2017

The building is huge and well decorated with all the colors and swirls, turrets, arches, etc. There are many rooms and only a few are open for tourists and pilgrims. There are some smaller side temples to see as well.

1  Thank Kciff

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Great temple it is like a Mahal but I like to suggest local people please take care this diamond ( temple) local people should make clean this temple like ganga sagar ..

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Located centrally in Janakpur dham its a must visit place for Hindu devotees . Its a huge and very fine archaeological Hindu structure of Mithila Kingdom. It's almost 400 years old structure and still looking so beautiful and young.

1  Thank Vinay K
Reviewed 13 June 2017

Located at the heart of Janakpurdham, its one of the most spiritual place for Hindu. Its recommended to visit during RamaNaumi and Bibahpanchami.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

Janakpur in Nepal, fascinated me because of its ageless association with the epic Ramayana.

When I first saw pictures of the 'palatial' Janaki Temple on the internet, my mind was swept back to those holy times when a great philosopher-king Janaka ruled the kingdom and a great sage like Sri Sukadeva waited at his doorstep to obtain divine wisdom. I was eager to see Sita's birthplace in the 'then' kingdom of Mithila; the place where the 'Sita Swayamvara' was held and the 'Vivaha Vedika' where the Sita Kalyanam was performed in the presence of many great sages and saints like Vasishta and Vishwamitra.

I contacted Ganesh Neupane, President of Monterosa Treks and Travels, Khatmandu, and he arranged for our flight to and from Janakpur on July 13-14, 2016.

What my husband and I saw was more than I bargained for in the small town of Janakpur. The whole of July 13 was spent in visiting the holy temples and was topped by a beautiful 'Ganga Aarti' in the evening.

On the morning of July 14 we were driven to 'Dhanushadham', about 18 km from Janakpur, where a third part of the 'Shiv Dhanush' broken by SriRama, is worshipped.

If you wish to touch the holy ground of such importance, visit Janakpur . and you will come away with unforgettable memories.

If you need more details, please email me at sjuluruj@yahoo.com and I will be happy to share my more illustrated and detailed Google document with you.

Shanti Juluru