“So glad we came ”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Midori, the Japanese word for green, reflects our commitment to using the freshest ingredients and implementing practices that are environmentally responsible. In striving to provide the best possible dining experience and continued high standard in quality and freshness, we have collaborated with vendors such as Honolulu Fish Company, Snake River Farms, and The Perfect Puree of Napa Valley who further this goal. Our pledge to using the freshest ingredients extends from the kitchen to the bar. We believe the best cocktails are handcrafted using premium spirits and innovative mixology. Behind the bar we use house made syrups and purees, fresh herbs, fruit, and fresh squeezed juice to order. We take great pride in our commitment to serving the finest products and believe you will taste the difference
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We sat at the bar (busy Saturday night) - the bartenders were very attentive and friendly. The food and drinks were amazing.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 22 January 2018

It's difficult to find a good sushi place in Central to Northern Michigan. Midori is absolutely FABULOUS! Lots of choices. Fresh food. Great prices. We go here every time we visit family in Mt. Pleasant!! Not to mention the fantastic Martini's!! I highly recommend anything here. We try to choose something new each time but we do always get the Firecracker Shrimp!!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 16 January 2018

Perfect place for sushi in an adorable, yet romantic setting. I visited in January and the whole outside of the building was covered in Christmas lights. It made for such a fun, welcoming atmosphere. The inside was no different. It is decorated very nicely, with many high top tables with cushioned bench seating on one side and high top chairs on the other. Service was very prompt and the waitress very friendly and efficient. I ordered the fried calamari as an appetizer and it was on of the best I have ever had, also the most unique. Rather than being served with a dipping sauce of any kind, it is lightly breaded in a mixture of breaking and a sweet chili sauce and it was the perfect combination..no addition dipping sauce needed! I then got the vegetable maki roll will was good and fresh tasting. I got the flour chocolate cake, with vanilla bean ice cream and berries to go. Had this later in my hotel room and it was delicious as well. The chocolate cake was VERY rich tho and I could eat it all. The vanilla bean ice cream was very tasty and had sprinkled toasted coconut on it, which was a nice touch. Over all a wonderful experience. My only comment would be that the vegetable maki roll was the only non fish (or other..) sushi that I noticed on the menu..a tempura vegetable one would be a nice addition...or a mango veggie one. But NO complaints..the one I had was great!

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank ginka7
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

I always get a great meal at Midori. They offer many vegetarian options, full bar, local craft beer, and of course saki. The decor is trendy, modern and comfortable. The staff is friendly and many times the owner is in house and will see how your experience is. Midori always exceeds my expectations, keep up the good work!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Great service and atmosphere. Good selection of wine. I had the Hamachi Mango roll. The flavors were incredible. Not too spicy but a blend of citrus and cilantro. Excellent! The chocolate dessert was great! Will be back when in town!

Date of visit: October 2017