All reviewswall mountedthe lobby breakfast areapancake makerflat screengreat propertyhotel roomnight staygreat place to staystayed here for nightsplenty of parkingenjoyed our stayking bednight's sleepstate parkstaff was very friendlyfree breakfasthie
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

We've stayed here twice before & had no problems. Last night, a group of adults sat outside blasting music at 10 p.m & their kids ran in & out of the hotel, screaming. They were on the 1st floor; we were on the 3rd floor & nothing could drown that noise out. I called the front desk twice. The partiers didn't cease until 1:00 a.m. When speaking to the mgr this a.m., she told my husband we would receive 5,000 IHG points & a $15 discount?!
We paid over $130 for our room & will NEVER stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
JennyWeingartz, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites MONROE, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

On behalf of the team here, I would like to apologize for the noise. I can assure you that our hotel team does the best they can in trying to keep noise to a minimum. On busy summer weekends, this proves to be a bit difficult and I am sorry that our efforts were not satisfactory. We hope you will give Holiday Inn Express another chance.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

We have stayed at this location in Monroe, MI. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The room had 2 comfy queen size beds, and was clean. Lighting was decent, extra plugins. The one thing we had a hard time with was the window shade. It was hard for us to use the pull chain to open and close it. The bathroom only had one hook on the back of the door to hang wet towels, it is where we found the hair dryer. So our suggestion is to add one more hook to hang towels, or wet bathing suits, right between the toilet and tub. Bathroom had a dim light, you can use as a night light. I am allergic to down/feather bedding, fortunately, the four that we used were polyester. We stayed on the 3rd. floor, on the back of the motel, away from the main road, and it was quite.
The complimentary breakfast, was decent, hot and cold cereal, pancake maker, eggs and bacon or sausage, misc. bread/muffins. The coffee was good and like that they had flavored creamers.
We didn't use the pool, but it looked nice, not to big, but they had a bunch of kids/families staying for a baseball tournament that took up much of the pool time and breakfast during their stay, it was much harder to get food, the breakfast staff seemed to not be able to keep up with the demand for food.
We did have a pleasant stay, and will more then likely stay in the future.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators, they make a dingy sound.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
JennyWeingartz, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites MONROE, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Thank you for the detailed review! We are glad to have met your expectations. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We travel a lot with 2 kids and the room was very modern and clean. Probably my favorite Holiday Inn Express yet! The furniture and fixtures all seem very new. The TV being wall mounted and being able to angle it for viewing made it a smooth night stay with the kids.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
JennyWeingartz, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites MONROE, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Thank you for your review, Amanda J! We are so happy to see you and the kids had a great stay.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

I travel often and stay in many Hotel so It is easy to get used to good customer services sometimes unrecognized. But is hard not not noticed in this Hotel. They really go above and beyond from the minute you check in.
During my trip I also forgot an item in my room. Keeley (Assistant General Manager) was kind and professional enough to give me a call and let me know about the item they found. I was already on the plane, she was able to help me out ship it to my house.
I will definitely stay at this hotel again and will highly recommend it.

Gustavo Guerrero

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
JennyWeingartz, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites MONROE, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Gustavo,

Thank you for recognizing our hard work and dedication to our guests. We are so happy that you would recommend our hotel to others. I am glad to see Keeley was able to take care of you and get your lost and found item mailed back. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

This hotel is reportedly two years old. It is clean, staff is friendly and well located. Plus it is very quiet. We enjoyed the indoor pool. We will most likely stay there on our next trip to the Monroe area.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
JennyWeingartz, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites MONROE, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Thank you for the review! Our staff is dedicated to providing a positive experience for all guests, and we are happy to see that we delivered! We hope to see you soon!