Free cancellation until 03/08
US$58
US$64
US$104
Hampton.com
All reviewsboutique hotelstudio apartmentstocked fridgestay there againbreakfast itemscomfortable chairsleather chairswent smoothlysitting areasnacks and drinkssee photostreet parkingthird floordefinitely recommend this placefresh fruitslept like a babyrooms are spacious
Reviewed 25 November 2015

Hotel Sterling by far has been the best hotel I've ever slept in! I spent one night and didn't want to leave. This place is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Very clean and well kept. It is not your typical chain hotel, a boutique hotel with minimal service but fabulous at the same time. I felt as if I was staying in a studio apartment. The king size bed was very comfortable...I slept like a baby! The bathroom was fabulous and very clean....looooved the shower! Only one thing, I was on the second floor, and it seems as if the person above me was wearing brick heels :-/

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank j0dij0
Reviewed 21 November 2015

Hotel Sterling is a first for me: a boutique hotel with minimalist service. In an old building tastefully renovated with quality modern finishes (including marble bathroom tiles), it is unexpectedly good for the price.

Boutique hotels where I live are small upmarket full-service establishments. Hotel Sterling is rather different – breakfast is a basket of cereal choices, a minibar of included fruit juices, milk, yoghurt and water, and a reasonably good coffee maker. The restaurant advertised as supplying room service and dining within half a block has closed. That is the major downside of the location – it is a tad run down. But that would be why pricing is relatively good.

I wanted a place to stay reasonably close to the airport in Detroit and did not need to eat out so it worked well for me. There are other restaurants a little further away than advertised.

If you want a generously-sized room and want to be left alone, this is a pretty good option. If you want a place where you will be pampered, less so.

Room Tip: Most rooms involve climbing stairs.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PhilipMach
Reviewed 2 November 2015

The room was fabulous,the stocked mini frig. was a plus. The sleeping area was very comfortable. The shower was a nice change.The only complaints that I have is they need to update their internet site. Curbside suites ARE NOT on the first floor. There are 2 sets of steps to get to one of the lowest suites AND there is 17 steps to get up to the bed area. Very tough for anyone with bad knees. I was disappointed that there wasn't room service like their internet site said. Over all a nice place to stay if you have good knees.

Room Tip: There is only one suite on the ground level that is fit for handicapped.Suite101. The Hotel is beautiful .
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie B
Reviewed 24 September 2015

I stayed at the Hotel Sterling on a long weekend visit for a family wedding. I was aware before arriving of the no elevator situation and I was fine with that. I had the door code to enter the lobby and the reservation envelope was there on the desk in the lobby. I went up to my room and even though it was 4:00 pm when entering the room it was dark and upon entering Rm 205 I walked into a step up into the main area and hit my shin against the step. From that point on always made sure I left a light on when leaving the room so I could alert myself to this step. I was very satisfied with the room and everything was clean and in tip top shape. I checked in on a Thursday afternoon and everything went smoothly. My only complaint was that on Saturday the only housekeeping I had was a new supply of towels and removal of the old towels. Bed was left unmade. Then on Sunday nothing and no housekeeping whatsoever was done. Dirty towels were left in place and again bed was left unmade. I reread all room information and no where did it say that housekeeping service was not done on weekends. Trust me I scanned through everything and nothing noted no housekeeping. This was a very negative with me. My local family I was visiting wanted to see my room so that if a need ever came up to recommend to someone else they would know what they were recommending. I took them to the room on Sunday evening not knowing that room service had not been there and what a disappointment to show them an unclean room. If housekeeping is not maintained on the weekend then it needs to be communicated to the guests. That is my only complaint but it is a BIG one in my book and is why I only will give an "average" rating.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Karen J
Reviewed 8 September 2015 via mobile

This is a great hotel! Super modern and private. Very luxurious and they have thought of everything to meet your needs. Lovely accommodations! Bed is super comfortable with comfy bedding. Bathroom is great with rain shower. Small fridge microwave and keurig. Complimentary cereal, oatmeal, breakfast bars, yogurt, juices, pop, milk and coffee. Shampoo, conditioner and body wash provided. They provide a code to you via email to enter the hotel and then your room info and key is waiting for you. The only thing we had a slight concern with was parking security which ended up being fine. There was plenty of parking in front of the hotel on both sides of the street and we were able to park directly in front with a full size truck and a boat hooked up to it. There are stairs up to your room and then our room had the living area upon entry and another set of stairs to the bedroom and bathroom. Kind of loft style. The only other thing I can think of that could be improved upon is only one chair at the table to sit and have breakfast. We loved this hotel! Highly recommend!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple