All reviews copper harbor rooms are clean and comfortable within walking distance white house motel peninsula linda trail
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent place. Very clean. Stayed several nights. Owners are very hospitable and knowledgeable about the area. Reminds us of the way it use to be where they treat you like friends and not a paycheck.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Wayne M, Owner at White House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thank you, We enjoyed meeting both of you and hope to see you again.
People like you makes this job enjoyable.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Since new owners took over this place has really deteriorated. Room not cleaned every day, carpets are filthy, nothing looks like it has been dusted in weeks. owners are crabby. Won't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank amy333_13
Wayne M, Owner at White House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Some people get upset for what ever reason and say things that are not true.
Rooms are cleaned after guest check out, or they hang the maid service sign on the door.
We treat every one with respect, so to the person that wrote this review I'am sorry you did not enjoy your stay here. We cant please every one.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

It was 1955. I was 5 years old on a Midwest road trip with my parents in Dad's brand new Chevy Bel Air. I remember driving from Chicago to Door County in Wisconsin, then up and around the UP, en route to a long gone resort in Trout Lake called Phil DeGraff's Lodges.

Along the way, Dad would scour the AAA Travel Guides, searching for good places to eat and sleep. These were the days before the mega chains took over dining and lodging and I remember sleeping in cozy roadside motels, feeling safe and sleeping well in spotless rooms and grounds. I still remember Mom telling me not to make a mess and to respect the owners.

Still do, Mom, and I know you are watching.

We might have even stayed here. This is my third stay here in the past 20 years or so and even though the ownership has changed, the White House is still cozy, comfy, spotlessly clean. The rooms are perfect for two and incredibly relaxing. In many ways, all good, coming here is as close to time travel as I will ever achieve. Wayne and Linda have done a wonderful job here and we can't wait to come back. Soon!

When you visit, check out their mailbox. It's the one with the Chevrolet Bel Air badge on its flanks.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2017

We stayed there when in the area to explore and hunt rocks. The area nearby is safe and quiet.They supply a rags and a rock washing facility (which was a deciding factor for us). There are places to eat within walking distance, shops, museum's, trails, lakes and mines all within a short drive.
The motel is dated, but safe and sound. The shower is hot and the beds are fine even if the rooms are small. But we did not travel to the area spend a lot of money nor to sit in a room and stare at the walls. The owners shared information that made our stay a good one.

Room Tip: Call and speak with the owners directly about your special needs.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

This motel in Mohawk is convenient to Copper Harbor, Houghton area and west to Eagle Harbor and Eagle River. Room was clean and fairly good sized. The beds were comfortable; firm mattresses. Coffee and scones available in the office in the AM. Within walking distance of two restaurants.

Stayed: October 2016