“First tome”
Review of Oakwood Cafe

Oakwood Cafe
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Melvindale
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

First time here. Good atmosphere. Homemade food, big portions and decent prices. I recommend this to anyone looking for something cheaper than you will find downtown

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

I grew up in the area and worked here when i was a teenager. I recommend trying the food here if you're in the area.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

This restaurant has new owners in the last year or so. They have updated the interior and menu. As another reviewer mentioned, the omelets are amazing; it is my husband's favorite breakfast place! The other menu items are delicious and have the home-cooked flavor. It is a nice touch to have the owner chat with the customers and have their family present. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone!

Reviewed 26 April 2017

I was checking out new restaurants recommended by the Tripadvisor family. This one caught my eye. One of my buddies and I headed over for breakfast. I was in the mood for an omelet. He mentioned he was looking forward to a stack of pancakes. They have a large variety of the usual omelets but in addition, they had some unusual varieties. I chose the spinach with Swiss cheese. I had them add some sautéed onions and green peppers and it was excellent. The potatoes were fresh, hand cut, cooked extra crispy, just the way I like them. I ordered my rye bread grilled, not toasted. It was a perfect meal. My buddy ordered the silver dollar variety of pancakes. Along with them, he ordered a side of bacon and two eggs sunny side up. The bacon passed the stand alone test and the eggs were perfectly cooked. The coffee had a good aroma and flavor. Our waitress kept our cups full. It's a great place for breakfast.

1  Thank Apirada M
Reviewed 15 April 2017

Stir fry is great! So is the chopped sirloin and the omelets! This restaurant has recently been remodeled with new owners. Truly a gem in our little city.