“Fabulous lunch ”

Melvindale Coney Island
Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Melvindale
Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

Had to.have a Coney whilst in Detroit... Did not disappoint. Quick and friendly service, amazing prices... Just amazingly cheap. Chicken lemon rice Greek soup is wonderful. Sweetheart waitresses

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Great waitress...made me feel good, but probably everyone is "Honey". Went there for lunch, but wished I had ordered breakfast judging by some of the plates I saw. Actually really good chili, not Texas style for chili'o'files. Nice diner type experience. They appreciate your business.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Breakfast at the Melvindale Coney Island is always fantastic, the eggs are delicious. Their other food is good but I love the breakfast. Nice people, good service.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

I was checking out my Tripadvisor family reviews and found this highly recommended Coney Island. I arrived half way between breakfast and lunch. I did not see many cars in the parking lot, so when I walked in,I was surprised to find every booth was full. It's a small building with eight booths, two tables and five lunch counter seats. To me, busy is a sign of good food, so I didn't mind a few minutes wait. The breakfast selection is well rounded with the lunch menu comprising most of the menu items The dinners are limited. And there is a kids menu. Based on the time of the day, I ordered coffee, a Coney dog with everything including the seasoned ground beef. Instead of the fries, I had a side of breakfast hash browns with sautéed onions and green peppers. The coffee was a good flavored medium roast blend. The hash browns, I would call then country style fries, were hand cut fresh potatoes. They came just the way they were ordered. The seasoned beef topping, on the coney, was a bit mild for me but a lot of hot sauce solved that problem. The chilly was not home made but it had a good flavor. The hot dog was nothing special, as it was the type I've had in most Coney Islands. Both waitresses were friendly and attentive, despite having to wait on tables plus handling the brisk business takeout counter. Over all, I had a very enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 19 October 2015

Stopped in for breakfast, my brother was staying at a hotel nearby, so we met for breakfast. Very clean place, quiet, nice staff and amazing home cooked quality food. I would eat there again.

1  Thank Jeff G