“Best Polish Food in Detroit”

Sabina's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Melvindale
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Excellent food, great service. The restaurant isn't huge, but the crowd is very friendly. More modern decor than some of the historical Polish restaurants in Hamtramack, but very comfortable and the food was as good or better. Will be returning again and again.

1  Thank gogreen444

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I wasn't expecting much from this place but I was pleasantly surprised. I like that they were open in the morning because I was having a strong craving for dinner food for breakfast. My food was delicious, no complaints. I would definitely come here again to try different items off of their menu.

1  Thank eurasianchick87
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Don't let the dining hall atmosphere and the simple ambiance fool you, watch how packed and busy this place is! Fantastic renditions of polish staples. Simple plates, great clean flavors. Not diet food certainly, but if you're going for polish you already know that. Breaded pork - simply fantastic - puffy, crisp, perfect seasoning, ignore the rest of the plate. Ditto for the potato pancake. Smoked kielbasa, dill soup, cucumber salad, beet salad - clean flavors, great faithful renditions, don't skip any of it (I ordered extra cucumber to go! ). Very fair prices, cheerful quick service, family owned - a really pleasant gem.

1  Thank Retroball
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Great polish food!!! Have been going here for years. Also have been to events catered by this restaurant and the food was as good as in the restaurant. A must for the Polish food lover. Closed Sunday and Monday's. Enjoy!!

Reviewed 21 December 2017

I normally go to my usual spots in Hamtramck when I want polish food; but this was a pleasant surprise. I stopped in for lunch by myself; I would highly recommend the combination plate it gives you a taste of everything. Also the 75 cents price of the Apple berry crumb cake is a deal not to be missed.