All reviews fit the bill fire pit within walking distance place to stay one night motel
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Room was very clean and the linens smelled so clean and fresh. Great place to stay if you're just looking for a clean shower and bed. Short drive to downtown Marquette. Great value, will stay here again. Bathroom had been updated.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank lkwallis
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We needed a place to stay for a weekend in Marquette that would also allow us to take our dog. She's very clean and behaved nicely considering the "strange" environment we had her in. We kept her with us all the time, so she wasn't left in the room. The room was spacious and clean....sort of...the floor/carpeting seemed to need cleaning, but maybe it was because it was a room used by other pet owners? There was no foul odor, just wasn't quite as nice as I'd hoped. The rate was excellent, so I guess we gave up a little to have a good rate. It was an "ok" place conveniently located to where we had to be for the weekend.

Room Tip: We had a room in the back of the motel, so it was nice a quiet. We should have asked for a couple more towels ahead of time as there was no floor mat for the shower.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stayed there on the night of July 4. The room was clean, the staff very friendly and accommodating. They helped us find the best location to watch fireworks, and we had a great time.
The restaurant next door was perfect for both diner and breakfast next day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This cozy place is conveniently located to everything to do in Marquette. It is well worn but spotless, quiet and efficiently family run. We stay there every Labor Day weekend and have never been disappointed. There is a family style restaurant and a bar with great pizza and tap beer within walking distance.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the property are most convenient for people with pets.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachel S
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Coming from Minnesota for the 4th of July weekend. Called 2 days before to reserve two rooms for my family - the lady asked for my credit cards, and said we were all set. When we showed up at 10:10PM, the same lady at the frond desk told me that our rooms were given away because we didn't show up early enough, and she didn't have my phone # either. Gosh! She didn't tell me to show up by 10PM to hold our rooms, and she didn't ask for my contact # either. All she cared was my credit card #! It was the first time ever that my reservation was cancelled by the hotel/motel!!! We have been to other places when we arrived at the hotels at mid-night due to a delayed flight or bad weather on the road. Never have we been told that we were too late, never!

To make things even worse, it was the July 4th weekend. We literally sat in our car and dialed all the motels within 20 miles - from Munising, to Ishpeming, to Gwinn, to Chatham, etc. No Sir, we are fully booked tonight - was the only answer. We were in total despair. Marquette Motor Lodge is very disorganized, the management is unprofessional, and all they want is to make money!

BTW, we had to ask one of our friends living in Detroit, MI for help, and fortunately he was able to find a cabin house in Skandia, MI. So we just got by that night.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family