“I stayed there one night...”
Review of Landmark Inn

Landmark Inn
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Marquette
Reviewed 28 September 2017

The suite on the second floor was the most luxurious I have ever seen. The bed was firm, yet soft. Hard to explain but it was very comfortable. The claw foot tub was a wonderful place to relax away the hiking we did the day before and the driving it took to get there. The Piedmont restaurant, on the other hand, left a lot to be desired. The food was good but the service was snail-like. It took over 30 minutes to get oatmeal for breakfast. Dinner was slow, also, but that could have been due to the newly hired waitress, who WAS very nice. The fettucine carbonara was excellent.

Stayed: September 2017

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Staff was very friendly at check in, hotel was gorgeous and clean. We stayed in the Amelia Earhart room which was neat. Had a fireplace and Lakeview. The room also had a fridge and microwave. I'm not gonna say the hotel is haunted, but some weird stuff happened in the room. Like we where talking and the wine glasses on the mantle started clinking for no reason, and I couldn't make it happen again. But my wife loves that stuff so I'm sure we'll be back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Nice historical lodging in beautiful Marquette! Good restaurant and pub downstairs. Close to downtown shopping and waterfront restaurants and bike trail. The hotel rooms are cozy and decorated nicely. Easy parking and wonderful service.

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 10 September 2017

I landed at 9PM and could not get a taxi. There is only 1 taxi company, checker, run by abusive angry people who don't care at all if you need a ride. I did call the landmark inn because I have stayed here before, and asked if the shuttle would come get me. I was told no, even after i explained i was stranded!!! I got the girl at the desk to call her manager and he also said no!

Do not stay art this hotel especially considering the exorbitant prices for very minimal amenities

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Michelle C, Director of Sales at Landmark Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

We appreciate you choosing the Landmark. We do provide complimentary shuttle service within Marquette City limits. We contract with a local company for airport shuttle service. We have shared your concerns with our management team & staff. We will continue to do our best to earn your confidence in the future. If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 906-315-8143.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

The hotel is a little expensive but nice. Location is great to the downtown area. Walking distance to a number of things. Great bike trail very close by. Staff was friendly. We checked in easily. Only issue i had is that we had difficultly finding parking. There is a restaurant that brings in lots of people. They have complimentary valet parking but then you don't have your vehicle close by. We finally was able to get a spot when people started to leave the restaurant. I'm one of those people that go back and forth to the car to get stuff frequently.so if your going to stay make sure you get there before the supper rush. Its a beautiful town.

Room Tip: Bring your bikes, the trails go a long way along the lake.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple