“New and clean”

My Place Hotel-Marquette, MI
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Marquette
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We spent just one night but found the room to be very clean and pleasant. Everything was brand new. The hairdryer probably hadn't even been used before -- its cord was so tight I had to yank it to pull it away from the wall. I'd never heard of this hotel chain but I'll look for it again. It wasn't fancy but it was well-priced and the bed was comfy.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Lee B, General Manager at My Place Hotel-Marquette, MI, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good morning, Julie! First off, thank you for reviewing your stay. Secondly, I am so sorry for taking nearly three months to respond to your review. I don't know how it slipped through the cracks, but I'm glad to read that nothing else did during your stay. We're very proud of everything we have to offer at My Place and it's great to see you appreciate it too - especially those amazing beds. With 36 open locations around the country - and more coming soon - it's easy to find another My Place. See you soon! -Lee Brown, General Manager

Reviewed 27 September 2017

This is a great hotel, and it's brand new! I had checked several hotels in the area. The rates at the other places were a bit outrageous (especially considering some of them were very old and outdated). The rates at this hotel were far better. The staff was very friendly. The room was really nice...clean, plenty of room, very comfortable beds, and a really nice bathroom. There was also a small kitchenette, but we didn't use it. If you do plan to use the kitchenette you can rent pots, pans, and utensils from the front desk. They also have a little store where you can purchase food and beverages. There is no free continental breakfast, but you can pay to have breakfast brought up to you (I think it was right around $5 for breakfast).

Overall, it was a really nice hotel and I had a great stay. I really didn't mind that there was no free breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Lee B, General Manager at My Place Hotel-Marquette, MI, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Thank you for your fantastic review of My Place MQT! We're just so proud of being to offer clean, comfortable rooms at a strong value to our guests that it always feels good to read about a guest who had such a great experience. I do need to point out though that, unfortunately, we are not able to rent our pots and pans. They are available for sale through the My Store. Paper and plastic plates, bowls, cups, and silverware are available complimentary at the front desk. Thanks again! -Lee Brown, General Manager

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I usually stay in one of the two major chains when I travel for business; however, I was unable to on this trip. I chose this hotel at random. Very nice staff and a clean comfortable room with a great bed. Kitchenette for those who need it. I was just there overnight. Good in room coffee which is very important to me. Would stay again if the opportunity arose.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Lee B, General Manager at My Place Hotel-Marquette, MI, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at My Place MQT! Even if you picked us at random, I'm glad you had a great stay. We make it a point to give every traveler exactly what they need - clean, comfortable room - at the affordable prices they needs. Thanks again for the kind words and I hope you make it back to Marquette!

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel is new and nice. Staff was nice. Yet we paid $180 per night. So it's more expensive than Holiday Inn Express, Hampton, Comfort Inn etc. There is no hot breakfast included, rooms are only cleaned and towels replaced every 4 days and you only get one very small bottle of shampoo and conditioner.....for 4 days. No soap to shower. We had to go to the store and buy lotion, body wash and shampoo. So you pay more and get less. It's a clean place to sleep.

Stayed: September 2017
Lee B, General Manager at My Place Hotel-Marquette, MI, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Thank you for staying with us at My Place MQT! We appreciate that you gave us an opportunity and I'm very sorry that we didn't live up to your expectations. However, some of the facts in the review are also not quite on the mark and I feel that, for the sake of other travelers out there, I must clarify those. Related to pricing, the highest rate we have ever charged, for our largest rooms, is $169/night during special events. That event rate as well as our nightly rates are lower than *ALL* of the midscale hotels in Marquette, including the three you mentioned and several others. We pride ourselves on the clean, comfortable rooms as well as the strong value. I'm sorry we didn't have enough soap and shampoo for your family in the rooms upon arrival though. We would have been happy to replace or supplement with just a simple call or visit to the front desk. -Lee Brown, General Manager

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We were completely unfamiliar with the property upon booking. That was admittedly our own fault, so this is my "do your research" warning.

This is an extended-stay hotel. There is a kitchenette including a full fridge, and a hotel store to purchase extras.

Pros: You can go to Anytime Fitness for free while staying there, and the rooms seemed relatively clean and comfortable. It is a 100% smoke-free facility, and the staff seemed pleasant.

Cons: The hallways and our room smelled off. Kind of like bad incense mixed with Doritos. There is no pool. For breakfast, it's just under $5/per person "breakfast in bed" and you make it yourself.

I would advise bringing your own toiletries--there is one hotel-sized bottle of shampoo, one conditioner, and one tiny bar of soap.

It wasn't a terrible stay, but we were disappointed for how much we paid for it.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Lee B, General Manager at My Place Hotel-Marquette, MI, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Thank you for reviewing your stay at My Place MQT. It sounds like you were disappointed in your stay with us at My Place. I am truly sorry if we didn't meet your needs. I can assure you that whatever you smelled in the hallway was immediately taken care of. I personally am sensitive to odors and anything that permeates my halls is immediately dealt with. I'm sorry it did inconvenience you though. As for the rest of your review, a lot of what you wrote are the things for which we are proudest: clean, comfortable rooms, a pleasant staff, the My Kitchen in every room, the fully-equipped My Store open 24/7, and even the high-quality Neutrogena amenities. Thanks for staying and I hope we see you soon! -Lee Brown, General Manager