All reviews pancake machine hi express front desk cinnamon rolls room was clean colonial michilimackinac the breakfast area ceiling fan pool area nice stay hot tub first floor biscuits and gravy yogurt bridge balcony mitch
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

This was our worst holiday inn experience. Started with unfriendly registration staff. The room was marginal in regard to cleanliness. The pool was not Well maintained. There were gaps on outside doors that could allow mice to enter. The breakfast had no food. Everything was gone. This was at 8:30 AM with published hours until 10

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Mitch M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us in Mackinaw City. I want to apologize for any and all the inconveniences you incurred while staying at our hotel. I assure you this is NOT our standard of operation. I will share you comments with our staff so that we may improve our services.

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Mackinaw Island. The staff couldn’t have been more helpful and friendly. There were fresh cookies each evening and the free breakfast in the morning was plentiful. The hotel was within walking distance to downtown and is an easy way. There is a free shuttle to the boat taking you to the Island.

1  Thank lynne G
Mitch M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Thank you LynneG for that wonderful review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us while you visited Mackinac Island. Friendly staff, fresh cookies, and our Express Start Breakfast Bar to start each morning. We look forward to your next visit UPNORTH

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel with comfortable rooms. Close to Darrow’s Family Restaurant for a meal and walking distance to many of the attractions available in Mackinaw City. Very nice sitting area with a fire place near the lobby which was cozy on a rainy afternoon.

My only complaint is the guest laundry area. It’s in the hallway on the first floor rather than in a dedicated room. There is no place to sit nearby to wait for your laundry, including the hotel lobby which is a full hallway length away. I was was not comfortable with the set up outside of guest rooms to sit on the floor and wait for the wash cycle to complete or to leave while the cycle was in process.

1  Thank Rboone58
MitchM780, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Thank you Rboone58...2 nights in Mackinaw City, cozy lobby and close to Darrow's, a great place for pie. Our Laundry facilities are due for an update

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel is old and the picture on its website very deceiving. The entrance to hotel is so small you can barely get luggage through. It is so uninviting I was convinced we were at the back of the hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful and bed isn’t bad and hotel room was for the most part clean. Room needs more light, shower faucets were old and disgusting looking. I never got more than Luke warm water. Pool area was 95 degrees and felt like a sauna and the workout room was 85 plus degrees which made for a very uncomfortable workout. No cups for water in workout room. Ice machine didn’t work on our floor and vending machines didn’t work on floor below us. I did like the ceiling fan in room. This hotel was way overpriced for what it offered. They do offer complimentary bikes for your use.

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank Missqueenie
MitchM780, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us in Mackinaw City. I would like to apologies for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We will share you comments with the staff so that we may improve our services.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Even though I have stayed here only one night, my experience was quite delightful. The rooms and common areas are clean and neat, well accommodated. One of the things I enjoyed was alarm with Bluetooth speaker, and I would play all the music I love which made me feel even more comfortable. There is pool and heated pool in downstairs that I haven’t used, but my friend said that it was good. Staffs are friendly and nice. Overall I have enjoyed to stay here

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bolor-Erdene E
MitchM780, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

A "delightful experience"...thank you Bolor for those kind words. We are glad you enjoyed stay with us in Mackinaw City.