All reviews waffles sausage mackinac island free breakfast beachfront room exercise room beds were comfortable fresh fruit separate building sofa bed private beach lake view indoor waterpark hot breakfast breakfast room is ferry dock pool and hot tub
Reviewed 12 October 2018

(*I'm writing this review and rating in comparison to other Choice Hotel Brands in Mackinaw City)

Yes, the hotel is older, but that is not important to us. The mattresses and sheets appeared newer and we found to be extremely comfortable. Plus they were clean - always our main concern!

We found the staff was very very friendly. Upon hearing troubles with another Choice Hotel brand in the area that we had to check out of, we were upgraded to a beachfront suite! We enjoyed the views of the Starline Ferry which was next door and within walking distance.

Breakfast is average for a Choice hotel and what you would expect. It was fairly busy when we went, but the lady working was hustling to keep everything filled.

I was torn if I should give the hotel a 4 or 5 star, but the things I would consider dropping to a 4 star were in my opinion minor (but may not be to someone else)- the carpet could use a little better vacuuming - there was broken cheese nip crackers sticking out from under the be upon check in and crumbled paper in the closet (I just picked it all up - I'm perfectly capable, everything else seemed clean).

We will be staying here again next year!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2018

Pouring Rain, unloaded car first, then turned on light. Room smelled, Stains on pillows, Phone to dirty to call front desk, linens ripped, carpet is disgusting. Reloaded car, went back to front desk, gave us a different room. Told her that we just wanted to cancel. She said there was no refunds on the first night, but, would refund me for the second night. Had to stay in the second room. It was better, but, used my own pillow and blanket. Shower did not work, Spiders in web on wall obviously had been there a long time, WiFi only worked at end of bed. Closet Door hanging by one hinge.Front desk girl was unfazed. Seemed like she was used to this. Worse hotel I've ever stayed in.

Room tip: check room first before giving your credit card info
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kidatheart1022
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Upon entering our room, I noticed the large amount of dust in many areas of the room-ceiling, carpet, hair dryer, etc. There was also quite a bit of hair in the bathroom. The room looked like someone had tried to break into it. There really isn’t anywhere to hang towels (the shower curtain rod only goes so far with 6 people). The electric is in rough shape-many of the outlets have seen better days. The filter in the heater was disgusting. The pool had its lights floating in the water instead of in the walls. The pool was also quite sandy.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank iwearnavy
Reviewed 25 September 2018

stairwells were full of leaves and dirty. siding was dirty and in bad repair. free breakfast was of poor quality and refuse containers in breakfast room were overflowing. furnishings in our room were in need of replacement/good cleaning.
the only positive was the front desk staff (friendly and efficient)

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank renelson3
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel right on the water. Friendly and helpful staff. Hotel located right next to one of the ferry terminals. Tours of the city available and pick up at hotel. Breakfast included. Plenty of free parking

Trip type: Travelled solo